What to do in Corpus?

mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

What to do in Corpus?

Post by mwrose777 »

The wife to be and I are heading down to Corups this weekend for a little R&R. Staying at the Omni Tower. Aside from the Aquarium and Lexington, we have nothing else planned. Anybody have some suggestions of what to take her to do? Thanks.
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: What to do in Corpus?

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Fish... As if there is anything else to do coming from a forum of Kayak fishermen... ;)
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

SAHunter1983 wrote:Fish... As if there is anything else to do coming from a forum of Kayak fishermen... ;)
Leaving the rods at home. Mostly lookin for resfaurant recommendations and what not.
broncofan_27

Post by broncofan_27 »

if your in the mood for a semi fancy-ish place there is a Vietnamese place not far from the Omni, probably walking distance.... its called Vietnam, tempura veggie plate is awesome there as an appetizer. if your more in the mood for a relaxing dinner and drinks outside, across from the Omni down peoples street is a place called harrisons landing, its right on the water, they usually have live music on fri nights, good drinks and good food, atmosphere is awesome there too. ive heard dos comales was good its across from the executive surf club on water st. but ive never been there, surf club also has live music on the wknds if that's what your lookin for, and quite a selection of draft beer. it kind of seems all there is to do in corpus other than fish, is eat and drink...
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

broncofan_27 wrote:if your in the mood for a semi fancy-ish place there is a Vietnamese place not far from the Omni, probably walking distance.... its called Vietnam, tempura veggie plate is awesome there as an appetizer. if your more in the mood for a relaxing dinner and drinks outside, across from the Omni down peoples street is a place called harrisons landing, its right on the water, they usually have live music on fri nights, good drinks and good food, atmosphere is awesome there too. ive heard dos comales was good its across from the executive surf club on water st. but ive never been there, surf club also has live music on the wknds if that's what your lookin for, and quite a selection of draft beer. it kind of seems all there is to do in corpus other than fish, is eat and drink...
Thanks for the suggestions. That's mainly what we are goin for. Just to get away and relax.
fishnv
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by fishnv »

The German restaurant on North Padre is awesome. I would drive down from Austin just to eat there!
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

fishnv wrote:The German restaurant on North Padre is awesome. I would drive down from Austin just to eat there!
German? I'm sold. I LOVE German food.

And we both like Vietnamese food so we'll hit that up too. How fancy is fancy-ish? Jeans ok?

Any awesome seafood places I need to hit? I plan on eating probably 4 meals a day, cause its vacation.
fishnv
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by fishnv »

mwrose777 wrote:
fishnv wrote:The German restaurant on North Padre is awesome. I would drive down from Austin just to eat there!
German? I'm sold. I LOVE German food.

And we both like Vietnamese food so we'll hit that up too. How fancy is fancy-ish? Jeans ok?

Any awesome seafood places I need to hit? I plan on eating probably 4 meals a day, cause its vacation.[/quote

Here's the web site for the German food. http://www.jbsgermanbakery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the best German food I have ever had in the USA and as good as any I have had in Germany. Their baked goods are unbelievable. If you have never had real cheese cake, your in for a real treat. And New York style is not real cheese cake!

My wife and I just got back from Oldenburg Germany last night, we spent 9 days there and I gained 15lbs! The bakery was a 3 minute walk from the apartment we rented and I was there every morning getting the days bake goods. Breads, pastries and Cheese cake!
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

Thanks for link.

I was in a small town in Austria earlier this month for work, and all the food was local caught, shot or raised. It was absolutely amazing.
broncofan_27

Post by broncofan_27 »

the baked goods from that place is all ive had and they are excellent. jeans and a button up shirt would be fine in there, I think its one of those kind of places where they want it to be actually super fancy, but in corpus super fancy doesn't work. also at Vietnam if you like coffee, they have a fantastic strong, I repeat STRONG coffee. while your on north padre, probably one of the best burgers around is at padre island burger co. on the corner behind the main stripes (where you turn to go to port a). theres also a place I think its still on padre called dragonfly, its a family style dining, food has always been excellent, and its BYOB or wine. harrisons landing usually has some pretty good snapper. if you go into port Aransas let me know I got a few "go to" spots for delicious food
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Sometimes the Botanical Gardens have fantastic flower displays.
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

Thanks again everybody.

Hoping to spend a week down in the Rockport/Port A/CC area at a later date and do some fishing, but we will only be down there Fri evening through Sun morning this trip. Maybe next time I can link up and fish with some of y'all.