Lake Woodlands group fishing

TeamRubee

Post by TeamRubee »

Hey everyone, my name is Andy I work for Ack in spring. Just wanted to extend this invite. Almost every Saturday and Sunday evenings me and some of my kayak buddies go and bang out bass, crappie, and small channels at Lake Woodlands, in The Woodlands Tx. We usually meet at northshore park around 5:30 pm when I get off. Anyone with a kayak is welcome to join, if you don't have one we can provide rentals for you, just swing by the store and we will get you squared away. Hope to see you out there......
BCorn

Re: Lake Woodlands group fishing

Post by BCorn »

I think I saw you Saturday around 6ish.....were you calling your buddy on cell phone to meet up with you? if so, I spoke to you some about fishing.....
BCorn

Post by BCorn »

do you have better luck at any particular end of the lake? I have been trying for bass there some with no luck yet.
TeamRubee

Post by TeamRubee »

I can catch them all over the lake, the north end holds good fish as well as the small inlets and coves around the mansions, this time of year they are hitting on dark plastic worms, Texas or wacky rigged. The entire lake is average 8 ft deep all the way across with some scattered holes that the bass hang in during the summer, winter fishing out there is amazing. I also fish barbless so I don't tear the bass up too bad and I catch and release all my fish so that it stays on track to becoming a great fishery.
dead-bug

Post by dead-bug »

do you fish on week eves...
jrussell72

Post by jrussell72 »

I will try to make it....how many people usually show up?
TeamRubee

Post by TeamRubee »

I try to go on Mondays and Wednesdays, right now there's about 13 of us that all meet at northshore at 5:30 Saturday evening.
kayakbassTX
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by kayakbassTX »

Y'all should join us on every Thurs night for our $10 tourney.
BCorn

Post by BCorn »

kayakbasstx.....im interested in the thurday night tourneys.....what is start time....
davethered

Post by davethered »

Might try to make it out there my buddy what's to go out there to ill let you know if we decide to go
kayakbassTX
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by kayakbassTX »

BCorn wrote:kayakbasstx.....im interested in the thurday night tourneys.....what is start time....
Next week will be Luce bayou. 6:30-9:00. Probably do lake woodland after this. I'm trying to do one on one side then one one the other. We were at Conroe last week.
BCorn

Post by BCorn »

so tomorrow, Thursday 8/15, Luce Bayou, 6:30-9:30????
BCorn

Post by BCorn »

Ponderosa?
kayakbassTX
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by kayakbassTX »

BCorn wrote:so tomorrow, Thursday 8/15, Luce Bayou, 6:30-9:30????
No next Thurs at the ponderosa.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Ill be working in town next week. So ill see you there Bobby.
TeamRubee

Post by TeamRubee »

Unfortunately I work till 7 Thursday so ill be unavailable those days. I would like to get out and wet a line with you guys, I have Wildys myself and would like to talk kayak sometime.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Hey yall going back out today?
jrussell72

Post by jrussell72 »

Andy, thanks for the invite. That was my first time at woodlands. Didn't catch fish but had a fun time exploring.
yak-n-fool

Post by yak-n-fool »

Thanks for the invite, sounds like a great time on the water I will definitely have to meet up with you guys soon :D
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by JimD »

Have you all tried the old lake the other side of Kukendal? I see on map that the road has finally gone thru. Used to have to drive the back roads to the school to get to the lake launch.

When access opened back in 99/2000 you had to go to the school with the skateboard park and cart your kayak the couple of hundred yards back to the overlook and launch to the right. I had to take a yoyo (weed cutter) back in there and clean a path to launch to the right of the deck back then.

If it is still open it is a great little lake. It is built just like a miniature deep east Texas lake. You can wade the shallow end and it used to be full of bass.

I did a depth reading and the thing was 11-12 feet deep at the time in the main part of the lake. Dug with varying depths from 7 to 12 feet.

The side stream on the same side as the launch was full of bass when there a little water flow and fairly shallow with the orig stream ~3 ft.

Middle of the lake had everything. Lots of big white perch, bass, best cat fish I ever caught on a rod and reel, and some fair long nose gar. First time I ever had a big gar jump over my knees right in front of my face with a top water hanging out of it's mouth. Little spooky.

Hope you try it and like it like I did. I learned to kayak between the two lakes in the woodlands.

I fished Lake Woodlands but with it set dept, lack of structure, good cat fishing. and too many people visible; this little lake was a jewel with just a few golfers playing down the side.

I have not been back in 10+ years but I see it is still on the map. See the school on google and take the walking path in the back to find the overlook and launch points. Hope it is still the same wonderful place.

JimD
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

How many are going tonight? Been on raven all day if therea a good group ill pull in and fiah with yall on my way home
Plant

Post by Plant »

Not tonight for me. Leaving at 4:30 AM to fish Christmas...need all the sleep I can get. I had a blast last time. Looking forward to next Saturday.