San Angelo area bass fishing launch sites/ general info

Lreynolds

San Angelo area bass fishing launch sites/ general info

Post by Lreynolds »

Hey Everyone new hear and to kayak fishing. Looking to get out this weekend somewhere in the San Angelo area. Any info on launch sites and or fishing reports would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking nasworthy but can't really find a report at all. Not looking for fishing holes. Any general info and tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
nmYAK4fish

Re: San Angelo area bass fishing launch sites/ general info

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Might try in the west texas sub forum. I don't know much about the area but a lot of the guys on there live in san angelo.
amcgowen

Post by amcgowen »

Haven't fished there since moving away a couple of years ago but hope to get a day or two of fishing when I come home for Christmas in a few weeks. When I was there I usually stayed away from the lakes and focused on the rivers. If you are looking for something quick and fairly close to town I would recommend the South Concho River which you can access from under loop 306 on the east side of the river using the Ben Ficklin exit, under South Chadbourne on the west side of the river, or taking Beaty Rd. all the way to the end and getting on the river directly below Nasworthy dam.

If you want to drive a little farther you can get on the S. Concho in Christoval or get on Spring Creek in Mertzon and the park off of FM 2335.

Play around on Google Earth and pretty much everywhere there is a bridge over water in the area you can find an access point.

Also I suggest getting access to the West Texas forum chapter like mentioned above.
Yaker1

Post by Yaker1 »

Nasworthy was never real good if you wanna stay in San Angelo area Twin Buttes would be your best bet. For good bass fishing when it gets a bit warmer Spring creek is a great place to catch big pigs on top water frogs.
Lreynolds

Post by Lreynolds »

Thanks for all the help guys! Sorry for the late reply got in on the west Texas forum as y'all suggested just been looking over there. Lots of good info from y'all's replies here. I really appreciate it!
Lreynolds

Post by Lreynolds »

Thanks for all the help guys! Sorry for the late reply got in on the west Texas forum as y'all suggested just been looking over there. Lots of good info from y'all's replies here. I really appreciate it!