Lake bastrop

fishme04

Lake bastrop

Post by fishme04 »

Has anybody gone to lake bastrop looking at getting out this weekend, how has the bite been.

Thanks
TexasTakeover

Re: Lake bastrop

Post by TexasTakeover »

I know this response is late but I went to Lake Bastrop for a couple of hours the previous weekend 4/11 & 4/12. I caught 7 bass in about 4 hours of fishing combined and had a few bites that I didn't set the hook on. I caught them all on a plastic worm and one on a rooster tail. There was hardly any boat traffic at all.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
fishme04

Post by fishme04 »

Is the boat ramp at the south end of the lake public or do you have to launch from the north side from the park? Thanks
Blue Devil 7

Post by Blue Devil 7 »

You can use either North or South. They are both LCRA Parks.

The fishing has been pretty steady, throwing watermelon red soft plastics along the reeds or along the grass lines.
Attachments
6965e.jpg
6958e.jpg
hornedfrog21

Post by hornedfrog21 »

I took my girls out to Bastrop this past Saturday. We launched from the South, as North Shore Park was a hopping party scene with tons of people and boats.

I started the girls out with live minnows, until I hooked up with a plastic worm, and then they both wanted to fish with a worm and let the poor minnows go... I set them up with a wacky rigged senko, and they both landed fish! Needless to say they were excited. As we were headed back towards the boat ramp at the end of the day, I picked up a ton of arches on the sonar in about 28 feet of water. We stopped and I had the girls let their worms sink, and BAM! one of them hooked up and landed a fat little bass. Fish looked to be holding deep to structure. If I had come prepared, I would have had a deep diving crankbait to run through there...
Attachments
LakeBastrop7.jpg
LakeBastrop6.jpg
LakeBastrop2.jpg
fishme04

Post by fishme04 »

Anybody going out there Sat.
Rollin

Post by Rollin »

Taking your kids fishing is one of the best parts.