Lighthouse lakes one after another but...

fishmechanix

Lighthouse lakes one after another but...

Post by fishmechanix »

Had the afternoon to give the ol' lighthouse lakes padding trails a shot. Put in and up the Lydia Ann I went. Trolled my unfair rip n slash and arrowhead menhaden, which have been good to me, all the way to the cut that goes right by lighthouse with no fish. Off to my "honey hole". I pulled up and anchored out at the spot that I've at least never not caught anything... ever.. put a free lined live shrimp on the #3 circle and threw it out and just as expected fish on. 12" trout. Then next cast hardhead. Next cast rat red. Next cast stingray. And so forth I decided to keep moving since the presence of a keeper fish was no where to be found. Traveled miles of water with only trophy mullet jumping from the water but no predators chasing. Circled back around and stopped at my honey hole agian only to catch almost every species in the book but could not buy a keeper fish. Seen a few fellow yakers out and about. None had any luck either. Lighthouse lakes seems to be better during the winter months. I almost always could find tailing redfish during the winter back in the lakes. Big redfish!