Redfish double hookup in West Bay, Galveston TX

MontleyYak

Redfish double hookup in West Bay, Galveston TX

Post by MontleyYak »

I had the opportunity to go fishing this past weekend on Sunday and the weather was beautiful. The wind was low under 6 mph. The water level has been getting low in West Bay Galveston. I started around 8:30 am and the temp was around 50 degrees. This was a perfect condition to see tailing reds however not a single one showed its tail. For the first hour I didn't catch a single fish until I parked myself on a drain and just started hauling. I really enjoy fishing in November!! Like usual, I made a video if you guys want to see it.

https://youtu.be/-Woo5aQY0Og
Presentation3.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Redfish double hookup in West Bay, Galveston TX

Post by Ron Mc »

can't beat doubles.
fishing old-style spec rigs for his go-to, my dad has caught every possible double combination on the flats.

Earlier this month at Arroyo, I landed a 17" + 19" schoolie spec double on 4-lb XUL.
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

That’s was a nice trip, I use the same rods and love em. They are not crazy expensive and really perform well . Those Viking paddle really good to, I’ll be in the water in the morning hopefully the bite is good
MontleyYak

Post by MontleyYak »

Yes I use the medium light action and it’s perfect for inshore fishing. My paddles are Werner and they’ve been a great addition to my fishing game.