Location Selected, Fish Caught!

YakRunabout

Location Selected, Fish Caught!

Post by YakRunabout »

My fishing partner, Drifting Yak, found a location via satellite images that he thought would hold some fish. This was done following techniques learned from Tobin’s Trout Support site. It was a location that I have passed on by in the past!

So, we launched early Sunday morning into the foggy pre-dawn waters and headed off to Mike’s chosen location, stopping on the way to cast to fish action or other interesting locations, but with no hits. So, finally arriving I cast about and quickly have a hit, then a fish on – turns out to be a nice 21” trout! Looks like the planned destination is paying off! After another hour or so of covering the area with no other fish, we head off to explore other destinations.

On returning after a couple of hours of limited productive (one rat red) exploration we return to the original destination. Again, I soon have a fish on for a couple of turns of the reel. It felt like a nice one. Soon I am hooked into a red – it had to be a red based on how it ran around – and soon I had the 26” in the boat. This was followed in short order by a handful of rat reds, 15-19”, as well as another small trout.

So, Mike’s satellite scanning was a success!
Attachments
P2161131.JPG
P2161133.JPG
P2161132.JPG
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Location Selected, Fish Caught!

Post by Drifting Yak »

So the reef turned out to be productive. And like Ken said, it has been passed over on many occasions. Kind of a yin and yang thing though. We found the reef. Ken found the fish. And I caught nothing! That’s what good friends are for! It was a great day on the water and next time will be mine - I hope!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Location Selected, Fish Caught!

Post by Ron Mc »

nice trip - great photos