Lake Stubblefield 5/3/21 Fishing Report

Arlo

Lake Stubblefield 5/3/21 Fishing Report

Post by Arlo »

Got to Stubblefield Bridge about 3:30 on Monday Hoping to be able to Fish in my kayak knowing the lake is a couple feet high. "hopefully the river is not running to hard" well to my surprise it was not bad at all. I started at the Bridge for about 45 minutes with two rods out using CJ's punch bait. no hits no t even a tap on the rod.
so I figured maybe id go down till I could find something to tie off to. got around the first bend and there is a tree sticking out of the water dead in the center. so I tied off, 12 foot of water. Fished about 1 foot off the bottom. got my rods baited up threw them out and non stop catching. caught 16 cats "12 Channels and 4 Blues". I was out of the water by 7:30 pm.
Could not have asked for better.
I threw everything back and took a pick of each fish. just needed to get a line wet. and got off work early.
all was awesome, right up till I got loaded up and a mile down the road blew the hub on my trailer. ugh two hours to get son to come get me with another trailer. all in all it was a great trip.
It could always be worse.
Cityfisher

Re: Lake Stubblefield 5/3/21 Fishing Report

Post by Cityfisher »

Nice! I love fishing Stubblefield. There is a tree lay down right before you get to the opening where you tied up to that stump sticking up. I have caught a few 4lb - 6lb bass right there. And a little further toward the open lake the river bed runs along the shore line and have found the bass schooled up chasing the shad there. Super fun to catch them when they are schooling like that. I always see lots of wildlife there to. Hawks, Bald Eagles, snake eating a frog one time. The last time I was there, there were 2 river otters playing and chasing each other around, all the while following me wherever I went. Enjoyed the report!