Rockport Fishing 15Th October

katzig

Rockport Fishing 15Th October

Post by katzig »

Decided to go the the Airport Launch this morning, winds S/E 5-10, best day all week, bay looks like glass, water is very dirty, head towards Red Fish Point, hitting all my favorite spots, looking for trout, nothing. Decide to try for Reds or Flounder, Anchor in a area I know holds flounder, make a cast up against a seawall, bait drops in the water, let it sink to the bottom, raise the rod tip and slowly drag the lurer, Tap, let the line go loose, count to 60, raise the rod, weight still there, set the hook and zing goes the drag, fight the fish, try to net it and its spits then lurer out at me, and its gone, Waaaa, so I try another few casts and get another hook up, get this one in, about a 17" flounder, cast back into the same area, get another hook up, fight the fish up to the kayak, he spits the lurer, moved down the shore line, come up to a T head, cast up to a pole, hook up, red is running, wraps my line around another post, I can still feel him pulling, get up to the post, unwrap my line, fish is still there, get him in, nice Red, maybe 27", take his picture, release. caught three more small reds, head back to the launch, on the way back I make a cast where I know there's a under water reef, hook up, nice 17" trout, catch 2 more nice trout, by now its about 12:30 getting hot out, call it a day, Best day of the week.
Attachments
IMG_0532.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Rockport Fishing 15Th October

Post by Ron Mc »

nice red.
Glad you got home - the wind is coming...
The front with a squall line is ripping through SA right now.