no
57%

Total votes: 251

Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Would you shoot bigfoot?

Post by Jolly Roger »

If you had a clean kill shot on a Bigfoot would you take it?

Went up to the lease this weekend to help friends build a small camp shack. I also got some hunting in for some pigs. Saturday night as me and my father were having a cold drink and smoking some cigars. This question came up. I am up in the air on my answer. While I would have a hard time shooting a bigfoot. Proving that there are bigfoots, and giving science one to study would be good. You could also get a great deal of money if you were the one to prove bigfoot did exist.

Anyway, wanted to see other people opinions.
TexaRican
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Would you shoot bigfoot?

Post by TexaRican »

How could you ever be certain that you were not shooting some joker in an ape costume?

BTW: how did the topic come up? Something scare you fellas? :D
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

I'd let him have it!

Brooke and I swear we saw one leaving the "big store" in Crystal beach a couple of years ago! :shock:
~BUCKSHOT~
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by ~BUCKSHOT~ »

I would have no problem shooting a big foot!!! :)
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

Pepperfool wrote:How could you ever be certain that you were not shooting some joker in an ape costume?

Dad killed a large boar last weekend at the lease 300lb+. We were talking about walking up on the Larger Boar that had removed the nuts out of the 300lb by force. The boar my father killed was beat up, cut up, and had his manhood taken from him by a much larger pig.

Needless to say, we got a very large, very mean pig walking around the lease. What would be worst then walking up on a 300lb+ wild boar?? So somewhere in there the topic of walking up on a bigfoot came up.

I guess that would be the chance a person would take if they put on a costumre and started walking around the woods. Not the smartest thing a person should do, but I guess there could be a chance you would be shooting a person.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Bigfoot never done anything to me...........I would not shoot!!!
MONSTER
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by MONSTER »

Only in self-defense, or if he was stealing my neighbors property.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

I voted "No".
cliftonio

Post by cliftonio »

The standard answer I give to any invite I get to go hunting,

1) "are the animals we are hunting trying to kill us? (ie is there any danger that if you don't shoot it it might get you!)"
2) "are they at least tasy animals?"

A yes answer to both is needed for me to go hunting, which only means hogs!

Not sure that bigfoot would be the tasty......damn I wish quail was more dangerous! :lol:

Yeah, so I'm a "NO"
yakin ag
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by yakin ag »

That's a tough one. I probably wouldn't shoot, and I probably wouldn't tell anyone I saw it :lol: All my buddies would just wonder what was wrong with me, hunting at high noon, from the safety of my truck from there on out :wink:
Cubera
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Cubera »

Pepperfool wrote:How could you ever be certain that you were not shooting some joker in an ape costume?

Cold drinks, cigars..........need you ask.

:lol:
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

I voted no but if my family was hungry I would.
wetduck

Post by wetduck »

not only would I bust one off in him I would cut his throat and the tie him down till the national enquire or Geraldo Rivera got there with the certified check.

if that thing really exists it would have to be some kind of large primate, I hate monkeys so would not even lose sleep over it.
Drmsfish

Post by Drmsfish »

I want to know Chester Moore's answer.....
W5CDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by W5CDS »

Sure would. I don't like things running around the woods that are dangerous and/or bigger than me. AND I sure could use the money.
budreaux
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by budreaux »

Eagle Eye wrote:I voted no but if my family was hungry I would.

BigFoot jerky? LOL. Now that is messin' with sasquatch.

BTW, I voted no. How would I know it wasn't my brother in law? Big hairy bastard.
gdiaw

Post by gdiaw »

what If I shot it and didn't kill it I'll bet it could still catch me wounded. So I have to pass on shooting bigfoot.
nhra22

Post by nhra22 »

I voted yes for fame and fortune :)

And if Bigfoot came after me wounded - wait. There isn't a lot that could run after me after taking a hit from a .338 Win Mag.

If it did, it's not Bigfoot chasing me, it's Superman dressed like Bigfoot.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

wetduck wrote:not only would I bust one off in him I would cut his throat and the tie him down till the national enquire or Geraldo Rivera got there with the certified check.

if that thing really exists it would have to be some kind of large primate, I hate monkeys so would not even lose sleep over it.
In scientific terms, Primates are an Order. The three suborders of Primates are Anthropoidea, Prosimii and Tarsioidea. If Bigfoot does exist, that would make it a very large primate and it would belong to the suborder of Anthropoidea. Anthropoidea includes Old and New world monkeys, gibbons, great apes and.................humans. Which means Bigfoot would most likely be classed between the great apes and humans and if so, that would make Bigfoot, in layman's terms, a human being's first cousin.
Cubera
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Cubera »

Night Wing wrote:
wetduck wrote:not only would I bust one off in him I would cut his throat and the tie him down till the national enquire or Geraldo Rivera got there with the certified check.

In scientific terms, Primates are an Order. The three suborders of Primates are Anthropoidea, Prosimii and Tarsioidea. If Bigfoot does exist, that would make it a very large primate and it would belong to the suborder of Anthropoidea. Anthropoidea includes Old and New world monkeys, gibbons, great apes and.................humans. Which means Bigfoot would most likely be classed between the great apes and humans and if so, that would make Bigfoot, in layman's terms, a human being's first cousin.
Does this mean it's the last remaining species of evolution, ape to man?
That is if you believe that way.

:wink:
budreaux
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by budreaux »

[quote="Night Wing Which means Bigfoot would most likely be classed between the great apes and humans and if so, that would make Bigfoot, in layman's terms, a human being's first cousin.[/quote]

Like I said, How could I tell BF apart from my brother in law? Wait he may BE the missing link! That would explain alot.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Cubera wrote:Does this mean it's the last remaining species of evolution, ape to man?
That is if you believe that way.
I am not of the religious persuasion. If Bigfoot does exist, there has to be a very small and limited population of them. It has to be a very intelligent specie since, unlike the great apes, it avoids human contact since humans to them, probably represent extreme danger. Ditto for another creature, if it exists, called the Yeti of the Himalayas.
Roofish
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Roofish »

Over and over :)
Louis Clarke II

Post by Louis Clarke II »

Changed my mine. I married her.

I'm actually taller than her. (She has heels on)

On second thought I’ve seen the Jack Links commercials….I would take the shot…all day, every day.

Last edited by Louis Clarke II on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

The point I'm trying to make is this. If Bigfoot exists or the Yeti for that matter, would you shoot it if it was.....sentient? In other words, a sentient being. In my mind, if Bigfoot is sentient, then it would be no different than shooting a Neanderthal........for a wad of cash and fleeting fame.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sentient&db=*" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;