BEACH SHADE/SHELTER

muley09

BEACH SHADE/SHELTER

Post by muley09 »

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what you guys use for shade out on the beaches. PINS for instance. Tarps? tents? If you use a tarp, what can be used or what DO yall use to stake it out? Im looking for ideas. That heat can get bad. Thanks in advance. :?:
optx
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: BEACH SHADE/SHELTER

Post by optx »

yea we just tie a tarp in between two trucks and instant shelter.
GTD

Post by GTD »

We use the EZ-up Canopy. Put each leg in a 1 foot hole and cover with sand.
buzzbait

Post by buzzbait »

Here is the only pic I could come up with, but you may get the idea.
We used to camp down in the middle of Big Shell about 4 times a year. Usually 4-5 days at a time. It is a lot of weight, but it goes up quick when you get the hang of it.
We would make a type of compound with it, because there was always about 10 of us. We would have different areas for food and shower...the works. Each section is 10'x10' and we would put in 5-7 sections depending on # of people.
I can remember going thru a couple of storms down there. One that spawned 7 spouts right behind us. The "setup" as we call it survived, not the tents.
The walls to get out of the wind are awesome. We have since had to say goodbye to the set ups due to corrosion, but they worked good enought that I have gone and bought the stuff for another. I think the last set was used from about '92- '05.
Reminds me, for those interested in the fish portion of our trip. We started catching big reds and we used chase lounge chairs to "net" them in the shallow water!
Pic is of my folks!
Let me know and I will steer you in the right direction for the corners and tarps.
Attachments
Camping.jpg
MarkCM28

Post by MarkCM28 »

We like to utilize what we can find. We look for washed up poles or lumber or tree limbs and use those as our way of hanging up a tarp. This year though we broke down and bought a yard umbrella from Sam's and stick in a PVC rod holder.
Longhorns

Post by Longhorns »

Academy sells tent poles that work well with typical tarps. Cheap, expandable, and easy solution. Not as elegant as your setup.
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

For large groups old parachutes work great.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

I use those Academy tent poles and a tarp,,, one end of the tarp attaches to the camp trailer or to the safari rack on the jeep,,, depending on where, either I use 18" pieces if 1/2 in conduit for stakes or the regulation issue, little metal spike pegs.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

I never leave home (to go kayaking/camping) without my large golf umbrella.
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

Large Kelty Carport that I picked up in Cheyenne, Wy. at .. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Outdoorwear.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .. for a very good deal.
I usually use it hooked to either the side of the Tahoe or the side of my utility trailer and sleep in my Tent Cot underneath it. I have used it a lot.

Independence Pass Co. overnight (no rooms in Aspen)

BTB beach camping ...