Brazos below Whitney

Waterglider

Brazos below Whitney

Post by Waterglider »

I have yet to yak the Brazos below Whitney and was hoping someone could let me know the guesstimated "fishing time" for a drift from the dam to the access point mentioned by Boar that is below Mike's. Also, I briefly checked out the Ft. Worth Reservoir Control Office website to try to determine a schedule of water releases but was unable to find that info. Any help here would be appreciated. Tomorrow (friday) before this front blows in may provide some action. Thanks!
Boar

Post by Boar »

just got home sorry i missed yer post hope you went and had a good time

Boar
Waterglider

Post by Waterglider »

Boar, I did not get to make the trip to the Brazos and my buddy did not make it up here to do the shuttle thing. I would like to get down there sometime. Everybody fishes at a different pace (I'm slow and stop to soak in the scenery), but what is your estimate range of time to cover that stretch? Thanks
Boar

Post by Boar »

I havn't gone all the way bown in several years but as i remember it plan for the whole day that gives plenty of time for fishin lunch and messin round
I generaly fish and paddle down for aout 3 hours then fish and paddle back up so aout 6 hours that way
Boar

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a fun trip. One of these days perhaps we can meet up on the Brazos. My old fishing buddy is moving back to Montana, up to the strong rivers. I'm packing the vehicle and heading to the salt for a final sendoff.
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

If you get a chance to fish with Boar on that stretch of the Brazos, do it. He's a lot of fun to fish with and has a lot of knowledge of the river. He's especially helpful if you get into the large Gar and don't have a net. (LOL)