I went to Alan Henry today

teenfisherman

I went to Alan Henry today

Post by teenfisherman »

And boy was it slow... the only fish I got close to catching was one that jumped right on front of my yak as I was leaving the ramp, and I was in the middle of the channel in something like 40 foot of water. There was some surface action between 1 and 2, but that was about it. And it was all scattered about too

At least I got to try out my new waders and make sure my fish finder install worked!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: I went to Alan Henry today

Post by Aggroman »

Well, at least you got out on the water. I worked all day...you had me beat. :D
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

Aggroman wrote:Well, at least you got out on the water. I worked all day...you had me beat. :D

I hear ya! I had yesterday, today, and tomorrow off... I plan on fishing again tomorrow somewhere too. It'll be a lot warmer as well, maybe I'll try my hand at sight casting for carp with my fly rod at one of the Lubbock ponds. I can't afford the fee to get in at Alam Henry again tomorrow! :mrgreen:
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy those days off. I'll be working all day. Again. :cry:

I rarely ever get up that way, so if you get a chance, i'd love to see some pics of the water up there.

Have fun!
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

I said forget it, I'm getting tomorrow and I'm going to Alan Henry again today! In taking my 3wt so I can maybe get into some of those small spotted bass and have some fun today!! Hopefully the blue bird skies aren't a bad omen.

I'll get some pics today!
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Thanks for the report I was wondering about AH. What was the water temp?
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

nmYAK4fish wrote:Thanks for the report I was wondering about AH. What was the water temp?
I'm still here with a few rods set out below the campsites hoping for a cat to come by. Water temp yesterday was in the low 40s, today it got up to 47-49.

I caught one bass trolling a rattle trap and that was it. But it was a decent fosh, maybe 2-3 pounds.

I'll add pics tonight when I get home!
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

Here are some pictures from the trip today! The bass came off of a silver rattletrap I was trolling on my way to the mouth of gobbler creek, and was the only fish of the day. Beautiful weather though!

I started the afternoon off with a stop at sonic for the new french toaster, I highly recommend it now

These five does let me stop and snap a few picutures of them, the fifth one is behind the tree on the right

The one bass I caught, I would say 2-3 pounds?

The mouth of gobbler creek, taken from the inside of gobbler creek

Who knew that a kayak would make a decent rod holder from the bank? I could see someone rigging up something to hold 4 or five rods using pvc and the flush mounts

And a sunset you can only get in West Texas!

I decided after this trip, due to the amount of trees in the lake, it is nearly impossible to drift cut bait for catfish anywhere aside from the creek channel, so I may take some pool noodle jugs to set out next trip out.

Overall it was a good day, I got a decent shoulder workout, caught a fish, and didn't sit on the couch! Can't wait until next time

EDIT: I don't know why the pictures posted so large! Sorry
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Nice pics. I've never been up to AH and now I'm wanting a dang toaster sandwich!!lol!!
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

Andersgear wrote:Nice pics. I've never been up to AH and now I'm wanting a dang toaster sandwich!!lol!!
There is a ton of cover to fish in AH, and the sandwich is definitely something I will order again
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

What is the cost to enter? State Park, or Coop Of Eng.?

I love the picts. Look very calm and peaceful with very little boat traffic!!! Great for kayaks.. Go again and fish the trees with a heavy one oz. jig using a crawfish trailer. Fish it down to about 35 to 40 feet deep!!!! Man O Man that is a great looking lake.

Don't worry, I live 5 hours away and will not be fishing up that way.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Nothing wrong with the size of your pics on this end. Thanks for a great report.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Bigrock wrote:Nothing wrong with the size of your pics on this end. Thanks for a great report.

You need to keep that kind of filthy talk off of this board or you'll be joing Dumas, mister! :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

Thinwater skinner wrote:What is the cost to enter? State Park, or Coop Of Eng.?

I love the picts. Look very calm and peaceful with very little boat traffic!!! Great for kayaks.. Go again and fish the trees with a heavy one oz. jig using a crawfish trailer. Fish it down to about 35 to 40 feet deep!!!! Man O Man that is a great looking lake.

Don't worry, I live 5 hours away and will not be fishing up that way.
The only bad thing about fishing this lake is if you don't live in Lubbock it's 11 dollars to get in on the weekday, and 16 on the weekend, which really sucks. And then in the summer it's typically a madhouse of wakeboarders, jet skiers, and drunk college kids. I'm considering buying an annual pass for the lake that's $80 since I technically live in Slaton and not Lubbock
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Barnacle Bill wrote:
Bigrock wrote:Nothing wrong with the size of your pics on this end. Thanks for a great report.

You need to keep that kind of filthy talk off of this board or you'll be joing Dumas, mister! :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
Compensate much :mrgreen: , do ya? :D
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Bigrock wrote:
Barnacle Bill wrote:

Compensate much :mrgreen: , do ya? :D

I do hole my fish several inches closer to the camera to make them look bigger... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Barnacle Bill wrote:
I do hole my fish several inches closer to the camera to make them look bigger... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Everytime I think of this, I think of you Bill.

"I went fishing the other day, and i caught a big beautiful fish. i wanted to mount it, but... there were people around." -Emo Phillips
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

:mrgreen: :lol: now that's funny