Recap

MWS65

Recap

Post by MWS65 »

We had ten come out xnd try there hand today. The wind played nice for half the day. Now if only the fish would have come out to play it would have been a great day. Only two had there pic taken today one 17.5 and a 16.5. There were more from out of town then locals thank for coming.
GCARR

Re: Recap

Post by GCARR »

Fun times, we talked a little bit after and think we should make it if it's measures on a Hawg Trough it counts since we are not keeping them any way. Lots of fish were caught just not many 14 inches+.
I know you won't make one next month but I don't think we should lose momentum and should continue the tournaments Once a month with a big end of year finally. Hopefully Happy Trails can help with the advertising, I have a friend here that can make fliers for cheap. Put the flyers up at academy in angelo, midland odessa and of course Happy Trails with contact info and see what interest we can generate.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Glad y'all had a great time on the water. :clap:
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Sounds like good times! I'm gonna try and get over to one and maybe drag over some other lubbock guys.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I like to fish tourneys but I always win so it ruins the curve. Being a pro means that I miss out on a lot of the "local stuff"... I'd like to get back to fishing locals but I can't forget the vast amount of knowledge that I've gained from whipping folks all over the country... or Mertzon... I can't remember which..

But 10 is a good turn out for a first tourney. They usually gain momentum throughout the year...
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Our humble beginnings...

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 1&t=169714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Bigrock wrote:Our humble beginnings...

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 1&t=169714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Was that the last time Bill was in a kayak?

:D
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:
Bigrock wrote:Our humble beginnings...

Was that the last time Bill was in a kayak?

I have a river 20 yards from my back door... LOL.. I have access to an aluminum paddle boat, kayak and aluminum bass boat....

I just don't post photos of all the fish that we catch because I like to stay humble and not brag.
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Wow!! A real "pro"? And he has an aluminum bass boat?? Gosh that's cool!! Sure wish you'd come out and show us how good you are??
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Andersgear wrote:Wow!! A real "pro"? And he has an aluminum bass boat?? Gosh that's cool!! Sure wish you'd come out and show us how good you are??

I wish I could but my time is monopolized by TPWD in the spring, summer and fall.. We can't take much, if any, time off between March and October....

I do have a 5 gallon fish tank stocked with Neon Tetras that I could bring out along with my fly rod and teach some techniques. Most of my techniques work for Largemouth bass as good as they do for Tetras. I could mount it on a trailer and bring it to a tourney and show y'all some tips and tricks and maybe have a skills competition for the amateurs with the winner getting an autographed 8x10 gloss of Aggroman in his official West Texas TKF Speedo and matching feather boa..
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

No, not a good idea Bill. Leave the Tetra tank at home. I've seen how you do things. If you can't catch one, you'll get all mad, pull out the guns and start shooting fish in the barrel.

(he has a anger issues derived from elusive hogs he can't seem to catch at the ranch)

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:No, not a good idea Bill. Leave the Tetra tank at home. I've seen how you do things. If you can't catch one, you'll get all mad, pull out the guns and start shooting fish in the barrel.

(he has a anger issues derived from elusive hogs he can't seem to catch at the ranch)

I have a new plan for catching the hogs... I'm moving one of the feeders and I'm also building a hog trap using cattle panels. The ranch is 10,000 acres and there are only two low fenced areas. One has my feeder and the other was leased but now it isn't leased so I'm putting a feeder out there also...

I will get them.... I've got the ACME trap book and Wile E. Coyote "Tips & Tricks" book... If those fail, I've got my Yosemite Sam costume and a few pistols to choose from..
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

:lol: Choot em choot em choot em.

I hate to say it, but I think Mike is right...we have a tendency to go off topic on these threads. You need to work on that Yosemite Sam.

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote::lol: Choot em choot em choot em.

I hate to say it, but I think Mike is right...we have a tendency to go off topic on these threads. You need to work on that Yosemite Sam.

So what you're saying is that we need an Off Topic West Texas TKF Forum... or maybe an ON Topic West Texas TKF Forum.... or maybe..

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

:lol: Yes Sub-forums. We can have an off topic, and a Scott's Summer Speedo forum, and a daily advice forum called "Dear Bill", well, probably need to call it "BS from Bill". Let's get this in the works!

:lol:
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Glad we have such knowledge in the TPWL? Gives me so much more confidence in our wild life management :?
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Andersgear wrote:Glad we have such knowledge in the TPWL? Gives me so much more confidence in our wild life management :?
It's TPWD.. and I hope you know that we're just joking around. Sometimes people get a case of the dumbass and don't realize that we're just playing so we like to make it clear..
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

I know exactly what you mean about the the case of the Dumb ass. I see a lot here with post being high jacked. LOL just playing
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

And this post has gone is like 99.9% of all post go. And from the same ones
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

MWS65 wrote:And this post has gone is like 99.9% of all post go. And from the same ones

Are you hijacking a hijacked post that has been hijacked??!!!
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Andersgear wrote:I know exactly what you mean about the the case of the Dumb ass. I see a lot here with post being high jacked. LOL just playing
Attachments
internet.jpg
internet.jpg (15.21 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Well Mike I had a great time at your tournament. The fishing was great!, the catching was just off. Any, can't wait for the next one!!