Canceled Plans

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Canceled Plans

Post by Aggroman »

We had planned all last week to head to the Pecos River at Pandale so I could get some video of a few things for a project. We planned on camping there last night and then hitting the river in our yaks this morning for a day of fishing and filming. But on Sunday the forecast went south for us. From Ozona to Comstock....Flash Flood Watch for Val Verde Co., 2-4 inches were expected with 6 inches in remote areas. Let's see....me, pecos river, rain, flooding...um, NO THANK YOU! :lol: We canceled our plans and will try again in a few weeks. I have heard those flash floods down there can be rough. :roll: :D
So today since I was off and with all the rain forecast everywhere, I just grabbed my fly rod and camera gear and headed to Christoval. I've got another film project in the works so I figure I could get something productive done today. I was there for about an hour before the rains showed up. Still was beautiful out there, and the park is really looking good. I filmed some cool shots of the fog rolling over the river as it rained. It was also kind of nice putting a jacket on. I'm not used to that this time of year.

I really, really wish I could of been in the yak, but at least I got to chunk some flies for a little bit.

A shot before it started raining...

Scott
MWS65

Re: Canceled Plans

Post by MWS65 »

We had planned all last week to head to the Pecos River
When you start planning this make sure to let the rest of us know as this will be a good indicator that it will rain.

I would also recommend that you leave old faithful at home and go with a new rig like a white water setup.

The park is really starting to take shape and looks good. Just wonder how long it's going to look like that after they reopen it up
I herd talk that they was going to move the boat ramp to the front of the park but I see that they left it were it was. Have to say that it sure is nice going up and down the river without the rope swings in full use.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

:lol: It crossed my mind about cancelling the trip when it was a 30% chance, but I thought, "awww, that's not a big enough chance to cancel yet". It went up to 60% chance while I was sitting in church on Sunday. It was a sign...divine intervention maybe even. :lol: :lol:

No kidding about the park. I was out there twice yesterday, once in the morning, once in the afternoon. We went and showed a friend who was with me. Both times we were by ourselves. It was nice. The one stretch we were in was about 50 yards that they had finished rocking the banks. At the bottom of the bank there was a pile of over 20 beer cans and bottles. What they need to do is....nevermind, I was about to get nasty. No matter how much time and money you put in a beautification or renovation project, if you can't keep the low life trash out, it won't make a difference. :x
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

To bad that they can't even finish the project before they trash the place.