Oak Creek 5-6-15

nmYAK4fish

Oak Creek 5-6-15

Post by nmYAK4fish »

I know a lot of people already saw this video on one of the wtkf.com media outlets or on the webpage, but I thought I'd share it here for the San Angelo crowd. Headed out at 8:30 AM with yankjunkie and another friend thats not on here, the water temp was in the upper 60's and the water was so low it was hard to find cover, and if you know oak creek there usually isn't any shortage of tree's and docks to fish. I started throwing a tx rig worm and a spinnerbait with little luck, I felt like the bottom was too soft and I was fishing too shallow. I switched to a square bill to burn off some steam, after about 10 casts I caught one and lost one. They were both around deep rocky banks, so I continued my hunt for big rocky banks and the pattern began to develop. Anywhere that had big boulders, and 10ft of water within 20ft of the bank seemed to hold a few fish (throw in some "big" wood and it was almost guaranteed). It was a fun day, and here's a link to the vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT8cP9tmyZg
Pecos_River_Rat

Re: Oak Creek 5-6-15

Post by Pecos_River_Rat »

Has anybody been having any luck on that lake? I've gone over there about 5 or 6 times and have yet to find anything!