Rigging Pescador perception angler 12

LNNIX

Rigging Pescador perception angler 12

Post by LNNIX »

I'm looking into making some adjustments, my kayak is basically all stock at this point. Took it to Colorado last year and I want to add a rod mount to the front (make life easier for trolling & etc) but the Scotty mount dimensions seem to be larger than the space I have to work with. I want to install it above the cup holder. Has anyone accomplished this? Also looking to put an anchor trolley kit on but I have seen other options as well (side mounted). Just wondering what everyone's opinions are. This is my first kayak and it will be my first time rigging one up. Any help is appreciated!!
Littlebear

Re: Rigging Pescador perception angler 12

Post by Littlebear »

I have the Pescador Pro 10 and my brother in law has the 12. We both have an anchor trolley and I highly recommend it! I'm even thinking of adding another one to the opposite side. I have added a Scotty mount rod holder on the floor between my knees between me and the cup holder. Be careful about placement. I wish I'd mounted it about an inch farther forward but it works.
LNNIX

Post by LNNIX »

Thanks!
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

It was my second kayak and still have it as a backup one. It is a good kayak.
For the anchor trolley, look up the old YouTube video of Daniel Pham. It worked for me since you don't have to drill any hole to the side of the kayak (it can be a leak point).
For the center rod holder, I installed it on the front raised center console. Please don't install it between your leg area. It will interfere with your re-entry when you turtle offshore. It happened to my friend.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

LNNIX wrote:This is my first kayak and it will be my first time rigging one up. Any help is appreciated!!
Depends how you do your fishing. If you chase crappies (in lakes/creeks) and reds/flounder (in marshes) -- then all you really need is a fish finder.
lah2429

Post by lah2429 »

LNNIX wrote:I'm looking into making some adjustments, my kayak is basically all stock at this point. Took it to Colorado last year and I want to add a rod mount to the front (make life easier for trolling & etc) but the Scotty mount dimensions seem to be larger than the space I have to work with. I want to install it above the cup holder. Has anyone accomplished this? Also looking to put an anchor trolley kit on but I have seen other options as well (side mounted). Just wondering what everyone's opinions are. This is my first kayak and it will be my first time rigging one up. Any help is appreciated!!
I've got an older model with a ton of mods/upgrades. Scotty mounts all over, gps/fish finder, aluminum gear track near the bow, igloo 25 quart with 4 rod holders, anchor trolley, taco style paddle clip, bungees over the front hatch. I've attached a couple of pictures for reference.

What I'd absolutely recommend is an anchor trolley and some kind of anchor (I actually have a stake out pole, folding anchor and drift sock but normally only take one out at a time depending on the type of fishing I'm doing). I'd recommend getting a cooler or milk crate for behind your seat that you can put rod holders on and I'd recommend getting the cat bags for the hatches directly in front of and behind you. Holds all your goodies like fishing license, sunscreen, phone, keys.

Optional but really useful is a gps/fish finder combo. I've got a cheaper model (garmin striker 4) and being able to see the depth/structure of the bottom and not have to worry about getting lost and not finding my launch point have changed my life haha. If you want to see how I rigged up my fish finder just let me know and I'll take some detailed pictures. I personally feel my setup is a lot slicker than how most people tend to do it
Attachments
5D8CC73D-87C6-4AA0-A39A-3D919AF76567.JPG
7F4D2070-4687-4D2C-8C98-C3DD6B726B1F.JPG