How Old Are You?

upnorthtex

Re: How Old Are You?

Post by upnorthtex »

Been yak fishing for a good while, I’m now 81 and heading for a month of fishing in Louisiana, you young folks keep having fun.Art
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Here’s my dad getting a nice redfish in my commander. He was 72 years old at the time. He wants a pedal kayak now. He’s currently 77. Had prostate cancer and his aortic valve replaced with a bovine valve this summer. Swims a mile now. Oh, had his hip replacement surgery about 15 years ahead of me in his 60’s. We are planning an antelope hunt together and there’s a pheasant trip on our horizon.

My godfather getting a redfish in my Tarpon. He was 77 at the time. He’s deadly with a bow and has taken multiple Elk and many deer in his 70’s with the bow and, BTW, has only one leg. No trouble for him to climb into a tree and put an arrow where it needs to be. Lost the other leg above the knee to cancer 40 plus years ago.

Old guys rule.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

my 89-y-o dad with a S. Padre snook last November
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Re: How Old Are You?

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

karstopo wrote:Image

Here’s my dad getting a nice redfish in my commander. He was 72 years old at the time. He wants a pedal kayak now. He’s currently 77. Had prostate cancer and his aortic valve replaced with a bovine valve this summer. Swims a mile now. Oh, had his hip replacement surgery about 15 years ahead of me in his 60’s. We are planning an antelope hunt together and there’s a pheasant trip on our horizon.

My godfather getting a redfish in my Tarpon. He was 77 at the time. He’s deadly with a bow and has taken multiple Elk and many deer in his 70’s with the bow and, BTW, has only one leg. No trouble for him to climb into a tree and put an arrow where it needs to be. Lost the other leg above the knee to cancer 40 plus years ago.

Old guys rule.
Ok were done. You're godfather wins!!! Lol. The sheer will and desire to overcome and persevere by some people sometime makes me feel so small while at the same time inspiring me to be so much more than I am. Color me impressed. I agree, old guys definitely rule!ImageImageImage

While not on the subject of the OP I found this a while back and thought some may find some inspiration from it. This guys has accomplished more, with less, than just about anyone I've ever seen.

https://youtu.be/xwjb_c5lawo

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

My fear is some of you will be referring to my age. I don't want to grow up.
Got to go now, have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon concerning my hip.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: RE: Re: How Old Are You?

Post by karstopo »

Tombo wrote:My fear is some of you will be referring to my age. I don't want to grow up.
Got to go now, have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon concerning my hip.
Hip replacement surgery was a breeze. Best thing I've ever done for myself. Zero complications and minimal short term pain, much less than what I was experiencing prior to the procedure. Went into it with some concerns about various things since I had never had surgery or been under anesthesia, but my concerns had no merit.

Can't guarantee yours will be like my experience, but it was life changing in a good way for me.
JW FunGuy

Post by JW FunGuy »

That’s good to know. I’ve been putting it off until Medicare starts in 3 months! :shock:
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Looks like I will live to fish another day.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

I’m 63 and still going strong - not as strong as yesterday but still going! The long days kick my butt. Heck some short days kick my butt. And the funny thing is that it’s on these days that I feel the most alive!
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

70 getting close to 71 bodies still working so far no pains ..
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I will be 65 next week. Started a HIIT class last October and lost 12 pounds and gained some muscle. Feel great, but those first few weeks the soreness was horrible. Get to fish Louisiana free now, yeah. Since I got the little poling skiff, I have not used the kayak much. Plan to almost totally fly fish this year. My old sight fishing spot has returned to its pre-hurricane and dredge spoil fiasco. Not many places in Southeast Texas for gin clear water.
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

66 but, by my adjusted age schedule, going on 5 in June -
That's when I acquired my first kayak, so I am just a youngster compared to some here!
There is a lot of inspiration in this string -
Taking the kayak out to play is a good workout, hopefully will keep the old man at bay!!