Same lake new day

imaoldmanyoungsalt

Same lake new day

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I went back to the same small lake on LBJ grasslands yesterday morning with about the same results as last week. I threw the same small jointed Rapala crankbait in green crawfish and caught around 12 or 13 bass. All about 1 to 1.5 lbs. I almost didn't go because I got a late start and they were calling for a heat advisory in the area starting at noon. I decided my opportunities are too few these days to pass one up and went anyway. To my surprise, when I arrived around 830 there was a nice breeze and once on the water it felt pretty good. I fished til about 1130 and the breeze stopped. The forecasters got this one right because it was miserable by the time I finished loading up the kayak at noon. I was soaked to the bone with sweat. Had another great day on the water tho and was glad I went.
And for your viewing pleasure heres a few photos ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Heres a shot of that new cadence reel that I posted about in my last thread. I truly love this reel. Very smooth and will cast that 1/4oz crankbait a country mile. Image
I promised my grandson I would take him fishing that afternoon. So even tho it was hot as blazes, a promise is a promise, so I took him to fish the bass pond on my deer lease that afternoon and had a blast. He learns really fast. I showed him one time how to cast a spinning reel for the 1st time ever and he took it over and made every cast by himself after that. Image
Here's a shot of a full moon coming up as we drove home. I guess some night fishing should be the ticket with that moon and all this heat Image

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Kirk B.

Re: Same lake new day

Post by Kirk B. »

2 good trips in one day. Can't beat that with a stick.
For shiz n giggles, I went and looked at the Cadence website. Good looking reels, and I was expecting higher prices, considering the specs. I took a closer look at the CB8, and when I went to Amazon to put one in my wishlist, there was a 35% off coupon! Needless to say, I'll have it in hand Friday, lol.
Never mind I didn't really need a reel right now.
Thanks for the tip!

Kirk B.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Re: Same lake new day

Kirk B. wrote:2 good trips in one day. Can't beat that with a stick.
For shiz n giggles, I went and looked at the Cadence website. Good looking reels, and I was expecting higher prices, considering the specs. I took a closer look at the CB8, and when I went to Amazon to put one in my wishlist, there was a 35% off coupon! Needless to say, I'll have it in hand Friday, lol.
Never mind I didn't really need a reel right now.
Thanks for the tip!

Kirk B.
One can never have too many reels, right? That's like saying I caught too many fish today, lol!
The CB8's are the ones I bought too. As I posted on the thread last week, I got them on a lightning deal on Amazon for $33 apiece. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

hot or not, a painless obligation fulfilled
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Those are some nice healthy looking bass. And an ear to ear grin on your grandson!
I know it was hot, but that's just to cool! :)
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Re: Same lake new day

Cityfisher wrote:Those are some nice healthy looking bass. And an ear to ear grin on your grandson!
I know it was hot, but that's just to cool! :)
Yes, I'm impressed and somewhat miffed that the bass in this lake are as healthy and plentiful as they are with the amount of pressure they receive and the relatively small size of the lake. And in the past I've caught some pretty decent sized fish up to about 6lbs out of it. It's nice that it's only 15 min from my house.