HUGE Fish Fishing in a new marsh syestem from my Outback (Video)

TX All Water Fishing

HUGE Fish Fishing in a new marsh syestem from my Outback (Video)

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

I road the ferry across to Port Bolivar to fish an area I never fished before, I wasn't super impressed but I did hook into a HUGE Fish. A Big Ugly, black drum. I was fishing for red drums and using my go to method while fishing for them. I like to use a Vudu Shrimp under a popping cork. Typically I use a 4 Horsemen Cork but on this day I was out with my friend Mike, Texas Fishing Force, and he gave me a different cork. Phillips Tackle Co. Woodie Cork and man does this cork look sweet! After all day of scaring fish, a lot of bait and a few reds I hooked up. To a very big fish...
Check Out the Video- Link Below
https://youtu.be/xNBYv7hNazY
Attachments
thmb.jpg
woodie.jpg
vudu.jpg
TKF1.jpg
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: HUGE Fish Fishing in a new marsh syestem from my Outback (Video)

Post by shoffer »

I hooked into a 40lb one in an East Bay marsh last week. It was sitting in 1 foot muddy water at the edge of drain. Water was so muddy so I thought it was a red. I threw my down south by its mouth, it inahled it after two pops, but that big monsta lazily swam away. I set the hook good and it made a couple of runs, and then snapped by Bone Daddy from Academy in half. The 20lb Windtamer braid lasted longer than the rod. I had to cut it and let it swim away with some new jewelry.

I have never caught a black drum before - puppy or adult. Hated to lose the rod, but if you are going to snap an inshore rod, I suppose that is the best way to do it.

The down side is that Academy would not take the rod back, even though I had a receipt showing the purchase a year ago. They used to take any of their rods back if snapped, no matter what. I tried Two Academy stores and the managers at both shot me down. Pwned.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Nice fish. Love watching your videos. I was actually looking to see if that big ugly still had a DSL stuck in its mouth since I was with Shoffer when he snapped his rod. I think his was about 1.5 times the size of that one though. I was surprised at how big they get back in the marsh.
TX All Water Fishing

shoffer wrote:I hooked into a 40lb one in an East Bay marsh last week. It was sitting in 1 foot muddy water at the edge of drain. Water was so muddy so I thought it was a red. I threw my down south by its mouth, it inahled it after two pops, but that big monsta lazily swam away. I set the hook good and it made a couple of runs, and then snapped by Bone Daddy from Academy in half. The 20lb Windtamer braid lasted longer than the rod. I had to cut it and let it swim away with some new jewelry.

I have never caught a black drum before - puppy or adult. Hated to lose the rod, but if you are going to snap an inshore rod, I suppose that is the best way to do it.

The down side is that Academy would not take the rod back, even though I had a receipt showing the purchase a year ago. They used to take any of their rods back if snapped, no matter what. I tried Two Academy stores and the managers at both shot me down. Pwned.
Wow that stinks! I've never broken a rod before, I lost a couple rolling my kayak in the surf. I have a Bone Daddy I really like it, sucks to break that one...heart break for sure
TX All Water Fishing

mwatson71 wrote:Nice fish. Love watching your videos. I was actually looking to see if that big ugly still had a DSL stuck in its mouth since I was with Shoffer when he snapped his rod. I think his was about 1.5 times the size of that one though. I was surprised at how big they get back in the marsh.
Thanks for watching, if it was 1.5 times bigger that thing was a monster this one was 45-48 inches long...he/she is around 25 years old. Crazy they live that long in the marsh. It was soooo slimy, I had huge crush slime fakes on my pants LOL
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

TX All Water Fishing wrote:
mwatson71 wrote:Nice fish. Love watching your videos. I was actually looking to see if that big ugly still had a DSL stuck in its mouth since I was with Shoffer when he snapped his rod. I think his was about 1.5 times the size of that one though. I was surprised at how big they get back in the marsh.
Thanks for watching, if it was 1.5 times bigger that thing was a monster this one was 45-48 inches long...he/she is around 25 years old. Crazy they live that long in the marsh. It was soooo slimy, I had huge crush slime fakes on my pants LOL
I went to subscribe to your channel and turns out I am already subscribed - but I did give the new video a Like.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

TX All Water Fishing wrote:Wow that stinks! I've never broken a rod before
When they would not take it back, I just picked up a new one that was on sale. Says its a medium but it is way stiffer than my bone daddys. Makes for a good topwater rod, though.