Any access for Btb in corpus ?

Ndlacuna

Any access for Btb in corpus ?

Post by Ndlacuna »

With vehicle access to the beaches closed and the bob hall parking lot messed up from Hanna is there any option to launch a kayak off the beach for btb? My kayak is light enough for me to walk it a little bit but I’m not trying to hike it super far.
horse4663

Re: Any access for Btb in corpus ?

Post by horse4663 »

Crickets?? Tomorrow looks nice for BTB. Can you get on the beach at PINS yet?
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Per Yakety Yak's btb Bob Hall pier trip post, no.

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 8&t=251403
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

A few people, against my advisement, launched through Packery Channel. The swells were pushing 7'. They made it out and back in, but I was later told that they would not do that again. There are a few access roads that you can walk your kayak down through the sand, very soft sand, and back but that proved to be more challenging than it's worth.

It may sound like certain situations may seem doable but only after you have done it do you then realize that it was heck trying to get the kayak to the beach and back. At this time, there isn't really any places to access the beach that are reasonable.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Th county judge responsible for the closures is getting an earful from citizens. The pushback has resulted in a petition and a lawsuit seeking to reopen the beaches. Sadly she isn't up for re-election this November, but we are raising our voices to try to get the order reversed. The closures have actually made is more dangerous to go to the beach, because everyone has to carry their gear a long distance, and once they hit the sand they don't want to walk half a mile down the beach for space. The crowds end up jammed shoulder to shoulder in a giant crowd. Not exactly "better". If we had vehicle access we would separate ourselves like we have always done.

All year it's been blowing and when it finally lays down, the CJ pulls the carpet out from under us. Not cool.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Prof. Salt wrote:Th county judge responsible for the closures is getting an earful from citizens. The pushback has resulted in a petition and a lawsuit seeking to reopen the beaches. Sadly she isn't up for re-election this November, but we are raising our voices to try to get the order reversed. The closures have actually made is more dangerous to go to the beach, because everyone has to carry their gear a long distance, and once they hit the sand they don't want to walk half a mile down the beach for space. The crowds end up jammed shoulder to shoulder in a giant crowd. Not exactly "better". If we had vehicle access we would separate ourselves like we have always done.

All year it's been blowing and when it finally lays down, the CJ pulls the carpet out from under us. Not cool.
I knew that was going to happen (armpit to armpit at the lone access points). Either shut the whole thing down (illegal I believe), or open the whole thing up!
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

I am sad.