Hoodoo?

Ken S

Hoodoo?

Post by Ken S »

Anybody have the Hoodoo Tempest 120 peddle drive? Just ran across a reference about them.
SWFinatic

Re: Hoodoo?

Post by SWFinatic »

I don't have any experience and very little knowledge with Hoodoo kayaks other than they are hard to sell if it ever comes to that. Just by looking at the pics I'm seeing the pedal drive looks very similar to the pedal drive in the KI kayaks. I spoke to the owner of KI and he was very forthcoming telling me the pedal drive is imported from China and he wasn't too sure about the longevity of the pedal drive. Again that was for a KI kayak and not the Hoodoo. However based on the price there is a good chance the Hoodoo pedal drive is in the same category. Personally I wouldn't consider any other pedal drive other than Hobie, Old Town or Native (in that order). I believe Old Town has the best pedal drive warranty on the market.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

where do you plan to take the boat - makes all the difference in what you should think about

Neumie has an excellent application tutorial here, and spreadsheet of every boat he could find
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 0&t=251044
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Thanks Ron, I plan on mostly lake use and coast 4-5 times a year. Lots of info,, but can't find any detailed views. Would like to talk to someone that has or had one
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Most of us at the coast like our sleek low boats to paddle, 14+'
T160, Search15, Viking Reload, etc.
The other direction is Hobie drive, and the Compass is pretty much the starter Hobie for coast fishing.
What you need to keep in mind about pedal drive is how the seating affects stability and handling in coast wind.
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 1#p2302431
Bicycle-crank-propeller drives have you sitting up really high and pedaling uphill. Hobie drive is more logical, but even then, shallow flats can limit the Mirage drive use, as in, you can only take it so far in skinny water before you must lift it and paddle.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

There was a post on Facebook TKF where a guy was having issues with the steering handle for the rudder. I can't find the post anymore, but I think it was stripping out. Hoodoo was good about sending replacements for free, but I think the guy punted the kayak because he'd replaced the handle 3 times and Hoodoo wouldn't send anymore. Could be an isolated incident, but I don't know.
kenneth_leger

Post by kenneth_leger »

Good friend of mine just told me he is selling his because of rudder issues and he’s only ha dit for 2 weeks. I was highly considering getting one myself but not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I've been holding off on posting this until I got a few trip under my belt with the Tempest 120P that I bought. I've now had it out about 10 times on Lake Bridgeport. This is my first and only experience with a pedal kayak so nothing to compare to other than my paddle kayaks. So given that, here's my experience so far.
Pros
First off, customer service has been above excellent! Not one bad thing to say about these folks and how they handle their business. I called and talked to Kris for about 30 min before I purchased mine and I felt he answered every question I had honestly. This is a very good kayak for $1400, and $1400 includes tax and shipping to your door (who ships a kayak anywhere in the U.S. to your door for $99?). Any questions or concerns I've had have always been answered same day. I call and they either answer the phone or call me back very quickly, always same day. Kris even answered my call while he was on vacation at the Frio River. Again, good folks.
This next item could have gone down as a con but the customer service put it in the pro column. I had an issue with my pedal drive right out of the box. It seemed to have a slight grinding feel when pedaled, almost like it didn't have any, or enough, grease in the gearing maybe. I called Kris to see if this was a normal thing and he immediately insisted I send it back and he'd send me a new one. Simple as that and he paid next day shipping both ways. I got the new one in a couple days and it's smooth. No other problems with it so far. It pedals well and maintaining a steady pace of 3 to 4 mph is no problem at all and when I get after it I can reached around 6 mph. If I had to find something bad on the pedal drive it would be that the cranks seem a little too long. Not so much that I couldn't use them but I'm 5' 10" and felt I had to stretch a little too far to complete a revolution of the pedals. It just wasn't ideal but I wouldn't call it bad. I had an old youth ten speed that had 1 inch shorter cranks and I swapped them out and it fits me better now. Shorter cranks can also be purchased online thru Amazon or Ebay or the like.
I really like how well this kayak tracks and how low it sits in the water. Since it sits low, the wind does not affect it much and it drifts really well. I can position it to drift a shoreline and use the drive to pedal forward or backward to keep my distance from the shore while it drifts without it trying to swap ends. It has enough hull in the water to keep it from being blown around too much while still being able to pedal, and even paddle, without having that barge like effect. It actually paddles quite well too, which I understand is a trait found in very few pedal kayaks. Paddle-wise, I would compare it to my Perception pescador 12. Edge given to the pescador but not by much. I'm very impressed with it's ability to handle in the wind and It doesn't seem to be affected by it anymore so than my Heritage Redfish 14 was. Next to it being a pedal drive, It's ability to handle wind and how well it drifts is probably what I like most about it.
They also sell a trolling motor for this kayak for $399 that fits right where the pedal drive goes. It's actually on a black Friday deal right now for $299. My friend, who bought this kayak at the same time as me, bought the trolling motor about a month ago when it was still $399. When it went on sale for $299, he called them. They refunded him $100 on the spot. Again, good customer service. The Hoodoo pedal drive is almost identical to the Native propel drive and Native kayaks sells a TM mount that goes in place of their propel drive that you can mount a TM to. Since I already had a trolling motor I wasn't using, I made a mount for my Hoodoo to mount the TM on and designed it off the photo of the one on Native's website. If you already had a TM I would bet their mount will fit the Hoodoo if a person wanted to just buy one from Native. I think it's $90 but can't guarantee it will actually fit so you may want to do the research on that first. Unless you already have a TM though, it would probably be cheaper to just buy the complete trolling motor and mount from Hoodoo for $399 or even $299 while its on sale. I don't have a review on my TM since I haven't actually used it yet. I will update later after I've tested it. Deer season is in the way right now!
There is a rectangle shaped compartment behind the seat that I have a love/hate relationship with. First, the lid for it is cheap and cheesy, and will go in the "con" column. I took the lid off mine and placed it on a shelf in the garage and never plan to use it. It's like cheap Tupperware (actually worse). The compartment itself is nice though and a good place to put a battery for your trolling motor if you get one. It will hold a full size deep cycle battery and box. I bought a smaller AGM battery for mine and will be putting in a waterproof box inside the hull so I am currently use this compartment to store 4 Plano 3700 boxes that fit nicely in it. It has a bungee that was stretched across the lid to hold it on and this bungee works great to hold the Plano boxes in place. Personally, I wish this compartment wasn't there at all and that space was inner hull storage with an access hatch. But since it is there, it does make a pretty nice tackle storage area or place to store a battery so I call this a pro.

Cons -
The tempest 120 decals on the back are terrible and were peeling off when I unwrapped the kayak. For me it wasn't an issue because I didn't care for the looks of them anyway so I just peeled them off. Took me about a minute, maybe 2.
My biggest con is probably the rudder which is mounted under the kayak. This "under rudder" has a long turning radius when going forward and when turning in reverse it takes a while for it to "bite" before starting to actually turn. The rudder, as is, does work though and will turn the kayak, it just has a longer turning radius than I'm used to with my old Heritage redfish and a rear mounted rudder. I wouldn't say I'm unhappy with it but it could be much better. BTW, Kris was up front and told me about this in our phone conversation before I even purchased the kayak so I knew what to expect as far as the rudder goes. He said they should be coming out with an extended rudder before long that will give it a much tighter turning radius. They do currently offer (for an upgraded price) a rear mounted rudder that turns much quicker but it creates another issue in that it has no tension to it so you have to hold the steering lever with your hand to keep it from turning while under way. Most rear mounted rudders are usually controlled by sliding foot pedals and the rudder is held in position by the tension of your opposing feet. However, with a pedal drive kayak, your feet are already busy pedaling, so unless you have 4 feet, that doesn't work too well and so it has to be hand controlled. Someone could probably modify that rudder and add a spring or something that would tension the rudder so it stays put with the hand control lever. I haven't looked into that option....yet. I will say that I have not had any issues with the rudder system functioning properly or failing in any way such as some have mentioned with the handle stripping on it. The entire rudder works as it should, it just doesn't turn great. As I stated earlier, the pedal drive on this kayak seems to be modelled after the Native propel and the rudder looks the same as theirs also. Parts and accessories may interchange with them. I have not verified that so don't take my word for it. However, If they do interchange, Native and Boondox have some upgrade rudder options that may work on this one. I would do some research and make sure they will fit before making a purchase though.
This kayak sits low in the water which I listed as a pro above but it may also be a con. Sitting as low in the water as it does, I'm not sure how much weight it will actually hold. I believe it's either rated for 400 or 450lbs. I can't see it holding that much weight and not having a lot of water in the footwell and tankwell or how much it would affect it's stability. I could be wrong though as I haven't loaded it down that much...yet.... I will eventually. It is however pretty stable with a normal amount of gear for a day of fishing. I said "normal amount" but I actually take a lot of gear when I go even for just a day trip so probably "above normal amount" would be more accurate. I haven't loaded it down for one yet but I would plan carefully before loading it down for an overnight camping trip. Also there are videos of people standing and fishing from these. I wouldn't consider it a stand and fish kayak but I'm also not as nimble as I used to be. Ten years ago I probably would've. I'm not sure there is a kayak made that I will stand and fish from now. From a sitting position, however, it is quite stable. I'm very pleased with the stability in that regard.
The anchor trolleys are really not useable as they come. They are just cord ran thru some rope guides. You have to add pulleys and a ring to them to make them useful as a trolley. For about 20 bucks I rigged both sides to work as they should and now they work well.

Another thing I'll mention is the scupper holes/plugs. It has 11 and It comes with plugs that work well but if you leave them out you will get a lot of water in the footwell since, as I said before, it sits low in the water. If you leave them in then nothing drains when you do get water in it. Self bailing plugs are hard to find for it because it has scupper holes that are larger than most and they have somewhat of a reverse taper that's smaller at the top than at the bottom. I did find some that work well though from here https://www.kayakscupperplugs.com/kayak ... pper-plugs and ordered a full set of 11 for $90. I love them and it was money well spent.

Overall I love this kayak and think for the price, its pretty awesome. If I think of anything else, I'll come back and update this thread
Here's a pic
IMG_2811.jpg
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Thanks for the detailed review! Good to hear there is still high level customer service around. That goes along way for sure.
Da Rook

Post by Da Rook »

seem like this brand of kayak is getting more popular due to its price range and not many folks can afford 2k, 3k for a pedal kayak. Just see if anyone own a hoodoo and have any issue currently?
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Justin Coghlin is a kayak guide in the Aransas area. He uses and has several of the Hoodoos. His website is cleanfunfishing.com. He has reviewed them a couple of times, and points out the plusses and minuses. Also some maintenance videos on the pedal drive. As much as he fishes, he still hasn't had any issues to make him change yaks. His customers use his Hoodos, usually. I'm sure he'd give you good answers to your questions. He fishes now and then with Tombo, also a TKF member. TexasJim
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

TexasJim wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:42 am Justin Coghlin is a kayak guide in the Aransas area. He uses and has several of the Hoodoos. His website is cleanfunfishing.com. He has reviewed them a couple of times, and points out the plusses and minuses. Also some maintenance videos on the pedal drive. As much as he fishes, he still hasn't had any issues to make him change yaks. His customers use his Hoodos, usually. I'm sure he'd give you good answers to your questions. He fishes now and then with Tombo, also a TKF member. TexasJim
Yep Justin also has a Native Slayer pedal drive kayak and still fishes out of the Hoodoo. He sure likes them.
Da Rook

Post by Da Rook »

SWFinatic wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:28 pm
TexasJim wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:42 am Justin Coghlin is a kayak guide in the Aransas area. He uses and has several of the Hoodoos. His website is cleanfunfishing.com. He has reviewed them a couple of times, and points out the plusses and minuses. Also some maintenance videos on the pedal drive. As much as he fishes, he still hasn't had any issues to make him change yaks. His customers use his Hoodos, usually. I'm sure he'd give you good answers to your questions. He fishes now and then with Tombo, also a TKF member. TexasJim
Yep Justin also has a Native Slayer pedal drive kayak and still fishes out of the Hoodoo. He sure likes them.
I looked at the Slayer 10 since it's dubbed the lighted pedal kayak, boy it's almost double the price compare to a Hoodoo Tempest
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Da Rook wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:44 pm I looked at the Slayer 10 since it's dubbed the lighted pedal kayak, boy it's almost double the price compare to a Hoodoo Tempest
The Native is made in South Carolina, the Hoodoo is imported from China.
Da Rook

Post by Da Rook »

Neumie wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Da Rook wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:44 pm I looked at the Slayer 10 since it's dubbed the lighted pedal kayak, boy it's almost double the price compare to a Hoodoo Tempest
The Native is made in South Carolina, the Hoodoo is imported from China.
yes the wonder of American made product. That's why I was asking if anyone have issues with hoodoo so far since it's Chinese made.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

I've had my tempest a few years now and had zero mechanical issues with the drive. Between my wife, my children, and myself, we've logged a whole lot of miles in it. I now fish from an old town Predator and the difference is night and day. For an entry level kayak and at its price point, the Tempest is a very dependable kayak. Would I buy another? No, but NOT because it isn't reliable, but because I've now seen the difference in a next level kayak and an entry level one. The hoodoo is not very maneuverable, especially when backing up and it doesn't handle big water well at all. You'll get a lot of water over the bow in big waves. As far as stability, it's fine when sitting but I couldn't stand in it safely, however, I've also never turtled it.
For the money it's a good dependable kayak, but if you can afford next level, I'd recommend that.
The old town salty is super stable, handles big water fairly well, and may be the fastest pedal kayak there is (I'd like to see it against a hobie revo). My grandson has one. I've pedaled it and it is crazy quick, turns on a dime, and it's very stable. Standing in it no issue at all. It has a few drawbacks as well tho, like not much in hull storage and it does has some hull slap. It's also a grand more than a Tempest.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

imaoldmanyoungsalt wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:18 am I've had my tempest a few years now and had zero mechanical issues with the drive. Between my wife, my children, and myself, we've logged a whole lot of miles in it. I now fish from an old town Predator and the difference is night and day. For an entry level kayak and at its price point, the Tempest is a very dependable kayak. Would I buy another? No, but NOT because it isn't reliable, but because I've now seen the difference in a next level kayak and an entry level one. The hoodoo is not very maneuverable, especially when backing up and it doesn't handle big water well at all. You'll get a lot of water over the bow in big waves. As far as stability, it's fine when sitting but I couldn't stand in it safely, however, I've also never turtled it.
For the money it's a good dependable kayak, but if you can afford next level, I'd recommend that.
The old town salty is super stable, handles big water fairly well, and may be the fastest pedal kayak there is (I'd like to see it against a hobie revo). My grandson has one. I've pedaled it and it is crazy quick, turns on a dime, and it's very stable. Standing in it no issue at all. It has a few drawbacks as well tho, like not much in hull storage and it does has some hull slap. It's also a grand more than a Tempest.

I was wondering how the Tempest worked out over time. Thanks for the in-depth review on it. I have read multiple times over that it's a good starter pedal drive yak but also that most who bought it end upgrading to a higher end pedal kayak and of course suggest doing that instead of the Hoodoo which obviously makes sense. I have seen some used ones in the $750-$800 range so that may be an option too. Of course warranty would go out the door and you may just end up with someone else's problems. I'd sure like to pick up an Old Town Salty someday but that extra $1000 is hard to justify right now.
That said, I don't suppose you'd have any pointers for fishing Lake Bridgeport? I've been out there a dozen times around the islands, 380 bridge, dam and Wise park with no luck whatsoever. I feel like I've thrown everything in my tackle box at that lake.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:
imaoldmanyoungsalt wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:18 am I've had my tempest a few years now and had zero mechanical issues with the drive. Between my wife, my children, and myself, we've logged a whole lot of miles in it. I now fish from an old town Predator and the difference is night and day. For an entry level kayak and at its price point, the Tempest is a very dependable kayak. Would I buy another? No, but NOT because it isn't reliable, but because I've now seen the difference in a next level kayak and an entry level one. The hoodoo is not very maneuverable, especially when backing up and it doesn't handle big water well at all. You'll get a lot of water over the bow in big waves. As far as stability, it's fine when sitting but I couldn't stand in it safely, however, I've also never turtled it.

I was wondering how the Tempest worked out over time. Thanks for the in-depth review on it. I have read multiple times over that it's a good starter pedal drive yak but also that most who bought it end upgrading to a higher end pedal kayak and of course suggest doing that instead of the Hoodoo which obviously makes sense. I have seen some used ones in the $750-$800 range so that may be an option too. Of course warranty would go out the door and you may just end up with someone else's problems. I'd sure like to pick up an Old Town Salty someday but that extra $1000 is hard to justify right now.
That said, I don't suppose you'd have any pointers for fishing Lake Bridgeport? I've been out there a dozen times around the islands, 380 bridge, dam and Wise park with no luck whatsoever. I feel like I've thrown everything in my tackle box at that lake.
Lake Bridgeport can be the devil at times and then other times it just offers up fish like it can't give them to you fast enough.
For several years square bill crankbaits in crayfish patterns, solid chartreuse, or solid white were killers but the crankbait bite for me just doesn't seem as good as in the past. Lipless crankbaits (think rattletrap) were also really productive in years past but haven't been as productive the last couple.
I primarily fish 4-5 inch soft plastic swimbaits on bladed jigheads a lot now and do really well. I've also started fishing lipless crankbaits again lately and been doing really well with them again. The standby for me is always a wacky worm. When fish are shallow I fish it weightless and when they're deeper, I'll fish them on a 1/16 oz wacky jighead. Green pumpkin or Carolina pumpkin with or without a chartreuse tail are my favorite colors. I fish the area from Wise county park toward the 3 fingers area almost exclusively.
All the shorelines in that area look basically the same. Every inch looks like it would hold a fish and actually can. But with so many boulders and large rocks absolutely everywhere it's hard to pick it apart and find the best spots to concentrate on. I try to break it down and look for the areas that are different, even if it's a really subtle difference. Maybe a large rock in the middle of a bunch of smaller ones. A group of rocks in an irregular formation that stands out from the rest of the rocks around it. A log or stump when no others are around. Maybe a ledge or drop off near a point. Find the areas that have a change in structure and you'll catch fish.
Another thing I do is try to establish the primary depth the fish are holding along the structure then fish parallel to it and keep your lure in that zone as long as possible.
Here's a few lures that have been successful for me

https://www.academy.com/p/h2ox-5-8-oz-r ... crank-bait
In chartreuse and/or shad colors

https://www.academy.com/p/h2ox-shallow- ... light-bait
In craw or chartreuse colors

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/zoom-z-swim
In electric blue chartreuse, sight flash, or sexy shad colors

https://www.basspro.com/l/bladed-jigs-a ... ro%20Shops

Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

That is seriously the most helpful information I've received yet. THANK YOU!!!
I made a post on here asking for some help along the same lines and I think I got 1 response but what you've described in detail is extremely helpful. I do have some of those type lures. The squarebill, rat-l-trap, bladed jigs. But I don't have nor have I really tried swimbaits. I've seen Strike King, Gulp, Yum and a few others suggested. Probably need to get on that and learn to fish those. I use to fish Senko's all the time 20 years ago but apparently I've forgotten how those work or just need more practice. They were absolute killers back then. I tried the Wise Park area and ran about half-way down to the 3 Fingers area with all the houses. I got through the first dogleg to about where the flooded timber is marked on the maps and that was the extent of that trip. I'm mostly around the 380 bridge as it's closest to my house (about 20 minute drive).
I went out last weekend, put in at the beach in Runaway Bay and ran up to the north side of Rattlesnake island on the east side of the road there. There was some fish I marked by that pump on the SE side of the island and there was a ton of fish and baitfish I found between Rattlesnake and Horse and on the west side of Horse but I couldn't buy a bite. There was a light east breeze and the baitfish and birds were all on the west side of Horse but alas, no takers. And I threw a LOT at them. Live worms, crankbait, spoons, jigs...in arrays of white and chrome. I didn't try any Senkos or other colors. Maybe that would have helped.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:56 am That is seriously the most helpful information I've received yet. THANK YOU!!!
I made a post on here asking for some help along the same lines and I think I got 1 response but what you've described in detail is extremely helpful. I do have some of those type lures. The squarebill, rat-l-trap, bladed jigs. But I don't have nor have I really tried swimbaits. I've seen Strike King, Gulp, Yum and a few others suggested. Probably need to get on that and learn to fish those. I use to fish Senko's all the time 20 years ago but apparently I've forgotten how those work or just need more practice. They were absolute killers back then. I tried the Wise Park area and ran about half-way down to the 3 Fingers area with all the houses. I got through the first dogleg to about where the flooded timber is marked on the maps and that was the extent of that trip. I'm mostly around the 380 bridge as it's closest to my house (about 20 minute drive).
I went out last weekend, put in at the beach in Runaway Bay and ran up to the north side of Rattlesnake island on the east side of the road there. There was some fish I marked by that pump on the SE side of the island and there was a ton of fish and baitfish I found between Rattlesnake and Horse and on the west side of Horse but I couldn't buy a bite. There was a light east breeze and the baitfish and birds were all on the west side of Horse but alas, no takers. And I threw a LOT at them. Live worms, crankbait, spoons, jigs...in arrays of white and chrome. I didn't try any Senkos or other colors. Maybe that would have helped.
With the water temps getting warmer and the spawn finishing up, bass will start feeding shallow and the best technique I've found when they do is skip-casting your lure right up to the bank or under cover like limbs or docks. A wacky worm skip cast up to the bank looks like something fleeing a predator and an easy meal. Wacky worms, 3-4 inch grub/jighead, or soft plastic swimbaits on underspin or bladed jigheads are all excellent for skip-casting. I just noticed the last link I sent you in the previous post was wrong.
It should have been this one:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pr ... in-jighead
and this one:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pr ... ss-jighead
imaoldmanyoungsalt

imaoldmanyoungsalt wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:31 am
Onski326 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:56 am That is seriously the most helpful information I've received yet. THANK YOU!!!
With the water temps getting warmer and the spawn finishing up, bass will start feeding shallow and the best technique I've found when they do is skip-casting your lure right up to the bank or under cover like limbs or docks. A wacky worm skip cast up to the bank looks like something fleeing a predator and an easy meal. Wacky worms, 3-4 inch grub/jighead, or soft plastic swimbaits on underspin or bladed jigheads are all excellent for skip-casting. I just noticed the last link I sent you in the previous post was wrong.
It should have been this one:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pr ... in-jighead
and this one:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pr ... ss-jighead
Here's a few I caught last time out at Bridgeport
Screenshot_20230329-220445_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230329-220703_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230330-094443_Gallery.jpg
The second bass in the pics was caught in the exact same spot next a lone rock in a sand flat that I had caught the flathead catfish at 2 hrs prior.
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

I do have some Roadrunner jig heads that are similar to those you sent the link from. At least that's one less lure I'll have to go out and buy. lol. My tackle box looks like an add from 1990's Gander Mtn catalog. I really need to update it. I was hoping to hit Bridgeport this weekend but winds are suppose to be in the 10-20mph range so I may hold off till they calm down some.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:I do have some Roadrunner jig heads that are similar to those you sent the link from. At least that's one less lure I'll have to go out and buy. lol. My tackle box looks like an add from 1990's Gander Mtn catalog. I really need to update it. I was hoping to hit Bridgeport this weekend but winds are suppose to be in the 10-20mph range so I may hold off till they calm down some.
The thing I like most about Bridgeport is the high banks and narrow legs in the Wise county park/three fingers area because you can almost always find water to fish that's protected from winds.

Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

That is a big bonus being the lake has so many geographical features to it.

I don't suppose you were at Brandi's today around noon? As we were leaving I spotted a pretty sweet Old Towne in the bed of a white truck.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:That is a big bonus being the lake has so many geographical features to it.

I don't suppose you were at Brandi's today around noon? As we were leaving I spotted a pretty sweet Old Towne in the bed of a white truck.
Not sure where Brandis is but, no, it wasn't me. I worked all day. I drive a black F350.