Fishing this summer

Fishn4Fun

Fishing this summer

Post by Fishn4Fun »

I have been away from Kayak fishing for several years now but looking to get back in the water this summer. Are any of the cronies still around and fishing?
Yakety_Yak

Re: Fishing this summer

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Fishn4Fun wrote:I have been away from Kayak fishing for several years now but looking to get back in the water this summer. Are any of the cronies still around and fishing?
They are lurking around. Eventually, they will show themselves.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

There are a few still fishing the upper coast, but not many.
Fishn4Fun

Post by Fishn4Fun »

Are you still fishing Jim? If so maybe we can meet up sometime for a trip to High Island. My neighbor just got his first kayak and I figure that will be the best place to take him to start him off.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

I still fish the HI area pretty regularly during the summer and fall. I haven't BTB fished this year and probably won't for another month, or whenever the wind starts settling down.

Mythman fished last year, but may have retired then. Wolfman and Btbrich are another couple of the cronies you might remember. We also have a few newer guys who joined us the last couple of years. I have no idea who will be back out this year. Usually someone posts up when we are planning a trip. Keep watching.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

After recovering from another neck fusion and surviving the long lock-down, I plan to spend plenty of time offshore on a kayak this season. Just waiting for the winds to lay down and allow us to take a look around out there.
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

It is a hard cabine fever due the long lockdown and cold snap. I am waiting for Glenn BTB report then I will head down there.
Falmeheadlures

Post by Falmeheadlures »

I fished a few times with mythman great guy and a few others. It’s been a years. I’ll be ready to hit the water soon.
forager

Post by forager »

I've been wanting to do a yak trip out the the Matagorda rig for old time's sake! I still fish regularly but it's been awhile since I've kayaked BTB.
Fishn4Fun

Post by Fishn4Fun »

We will have to plan a trip to the rig as soon as the water warms up a bit. I am looking forward to getting back out there.
Shroomboyy

Post by Shroomboyy »

I'm not an old cronie but just started btb fishing last year with some of them from this group at high island. In my few trips out I learned alot and caught some solid fish my goal this year is to up my game on bull reds and if possible hook into some bigger sharks. I managed a couple 6ft bulls and what I believe was a 6ft spinner that kicked my ass for almost an hour on my smaller spin outfit last year. I'll keep a lookout on this group for any meetups once I heal up from a land based fishing incident I had last week.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Shroomboyy wrote: once I heal up from a land based fishing incident I had last week.
You can't leave us hanging like that....the rest of the story please!
Shroomboyy

Post by Shroomboyy »

Nothing too exciting. I was fishing with my nephew at Texas city dike and slipped off of a rock and fell about 4ft onto another rock. Ended up in the ER for stitches and a sprained ankle. When I got home from the hospital my daughter thought a shark finally got me. That would of been a better story. Biggest concern I have now is avoiding infection of the site. It was a nasty wound and that vibrio don't play.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Re: Fishing this summer

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Shroomboyy wrote:Nothing too exciting. I was fishing with my nephew at Texas city dike and slipped off of a rock and fell about 4ft onto another rock. Ended up in the ER for stitches and a sprained ankle. When I got home from the hospital my daughter thought a shark finally got me. That would of been a better story. Biggest concern I have now is avoiding infection of the site. It was a nasty wound and that vibrio don't play.
Prayers for a speedy and infection free recovery then. Thanks for sharing it. It's a reminder to us all that we can never be too careful out there!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

I logged zero BTB trips last year. In the past I have managed 2 or 3 per year. I am so ready to get back put there. I'm now watching every old BTB video I can find on the youtube. I'll be watching the wave reports, and everyone's fishing reports here, and planning my first BTB in over a year.