TKFSA Tournament?

Hulapopper

TKFSA Tournament?

Post by Hulapopper »

I realize i am pretty new to the chapter and regrettably I did not get to make the meeting this last weekend. However, I thought I would make a suggestion for the chapter. I was reading the freshwater board and someone metioned a DFW kayak fishing tournament. I was thinking of a way we might implement a little fishing tournament of our own. One I know it is tough for everyone to make it to a fixed date ... me included. But I thought that we might be able to do a little something more flexible. Hypothetically lets say we did a month long tournament (select bodies of water around San Antonio). And do a honor system. By that I mean lets create categories and for entrance to each category do a small buy in fee... 2-5 dollars a month/tournament. then for keeping track of catches take a photo of your catch on a ruler and we can come up with a approximate weight. then at the end of the month we can go get a gift certificate for (wal-mart, academy etc) and winner of each catergory can have the certificate. Plus this gives us an excuse to meet once a month to get to know one another and perhaps a chance to fish with one another. We can add other rules to the tournament as well .. like you can only submit 5 fish per category.... that way someone who fishes everyday wont have a great advantage over someone like me who might get to fish 1-2 times a month.

Anyway just throwing a feeler out there for suggestions, comments, gripes etc.

---Hula-popper
daddykirbs
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by daddykirbs »

sounds like it might be fun :D
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

We've only met twice. I think I like the idea of a month long tournament. I wouldn't even limit it to one lake. Of course reds would have to be part of the mix because of Braunig and Calaveras. I also like the catch and release part - not that I have anything against catch and release into the frying pan, it's just that at my house I'd probably be the only one eating it and my catching and eating are much better than my fileting and cooking.
CMALIBU1

Post by CMALIBU1 »

not a bad idea.. daddy kirbs i like that pic i wonder who took it ..... 8)
and for ewb your reds at the power plant are too big and it's not fair
you know where they all hangout . you'll win everytime :shock: 8)
hey went too boerne lake ewb checkout pics
recurve57

Post by recurve57 »

Sounds like a good idea. I particularly like the concept of no set date and being able to fish whenever we get the chance within the window. Multiple bodies of water is another good idea. Maybe any public waters within a given radius, etc.
kayak angler

Post by kayak angler »

I like that idea. Count me in. Of course with my fishing skills, I may as well hand over the $$$$ to somebody in the chapter to go to Academy with. :roll: