Medina

TTKII

Medina

Post by TTKII »

I am heading out there for the first time this afternoon. My job has taken me to San Antonio for a few weeks and I figured I would get in some fishing. Any tips, suggestions or colors?Which launch do ya'll use.

I will be in a blue GMC with a Yellow Crescent Splash Kayak..

Come one come all.

I plan on being there around 3:30-4pm

Ryan
daddykirbs
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by daddykirbs »

I can't join you but I can offer this. The one bass that I caught there last weekend was on a Texas Rig 7inch "Fire and Ice" worm. 1/8 ounce black weight.

If you launch from the park ramp directly inside the gate look across the lake slightly to the left. There is another ramp. To the right of that ramp is a rock wall that drops off. That's where I picked up that bass.

Good luck :D
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

I see you're from Austin. I'm headed there in about 5 minutes to go get my first kayak, and then I'm headed to Boerne Lake. Maybe we'll hook up sometime while you're down here. Good luck fishin'!
recurve57

Post by recurve57 »

EWB, glad to hear it has arrived. Congats.
TTKII

Fishing

Post by TTKII »

We decided to go to Boerne City Lake instead. Let me tell you this lake is awesome. We paddled from the launch up the river. Started fishing the left bank when we reached the first dock. Between the 3 of us we probably boated 20+ bass. Most were small but it was a blast. We paddled as far as the last dock we could see.

They were both throwing weightless senkos rigged straight in a bluegill pattern. I was wacky worming a chart. Zoom Finesse worm. Equal fish were caught with both.

My 2 buddies were in Cobra Explorers and I was in my Crescent Tandem. Both yaks were comprable in speed.

We fished from 5pm till about 8pm.
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

I wish now I had stuck with my original plan. I'll make it up there soon, like before the end of the month. It's really quiet at that lake, although I did hear it get noisey once. I heard a motor and it was getting louder and louder. I thought what idiot is on this lake with a motor - they're not allowed. Shortly after I said that this plane comes zooming by about 20 feet off the water. He had to pull up to go over the dam. Don't know if he was playing or if it was a drug run, but it sure got my attention.
CMALIBU1

Post by CMALIBU1 »

TTKII i was there monday but i trolled the lake most of the time but
never went up the river wish i did now after reading your post . but i
did get one hell of hit on a wide eye storm chad but no luck and that was by the dam oh well next time i'll hit the upper river . and i saw some big bass going after my lure but no luck . iam going to try worms next time
see how that works. 8)