TPWD License Explained

siupilot

TPWD License Explained

Post by siupilot »

Hey all...have a Resident All Water Year from purchase fishing license and I have a question about the "Drum Tags." Being new to both fishing and kayaking, this is my first fishing license. I have a bonus red drum tag and a tag that says "valid for 1 Red Drum over 28 inches. A space is also there to put in a length, and circle bay or gulf."

What are these tags? What do I do with them?

I think I have a pretty good understanding what the Red Drum fish is...seen a few monsters on here, can't wait to get to the bays or BTB with my FnD and catch one myself.

:D

Thanks in advance!

Pat
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

If you catch a red drum over 28 inches and decide for any reason to keep it you must tag it with the drum tag and complete the information on the tag.

Most red drum over 28 inches are caught and released.
siupilot

Post by siupilot »

Mythman wrote:If you catch a red drum over 28 inches and decide for any reason to keep it you must tag it with the drum tag and complete the information on the tag.

Most red drum over 28 inches are caught and released.

Ah ok...was wondering the specifics of the 28" specification.

Thanks!

Pat
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

fish

Post by JimD »

Reds much larger than 28 inches are fun to catch but taste like an old used tire when cooked.
cliftonio

Post by cliftonio »

Big fish are spawning machines and small fish need to grow to be spawning machines; these lower and upper limits are now pretty universal standard for all fishing regulations worldwide (ie countrys that actaually have laws regarding fishing)
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

If you decide to keep a red, the rules and regulations booklet you should have gotten with your license shows how to measure the fish and how to tag the fish. The tag has to be displayed in a particular manner or the warden doesn't have to accept it, even if it's filled out correctly. If you didn't get the booklet, go to any store that sells the licenses and ask for one.