Who is going where?

bigredneck

Who is going where?

Post by bigredneck »

All day I could not help to think I rather be fishing. The weather was awesome even if the wind was up a little. Tomorrow the weather looks pretty good but with a northern wind, so I was wondering if anyone is heading out somewhere to do a little crappie fishing Sat. Jan 6 2012?
bigredneck

Re: Who is going where?

Post by bigredneck »

It was a great day on lake Arlington today! It started off a little slow, but once I found them they started tearing up the jig. I forgot the cell phone when I went out so no pictures. Now is also a great time with the water so low to find them spring time honey holes if we get enough rain. I will have to hit them again tomorrow.
FreshSalt09

Post by FreshSalt09 »

Hey guys, I just moved to Cedar Creek Reservoir from the San Marcos area. Was wondering if there were any yakers in my neck of the woods (Richland Chambers or Cedar Creek area)? Seems not to be too many of us out here because the last time I fished Cedar Creek, a few boaters stopped and said "Wow I've never seen a kayak on this lake before" :shock: . After doing some research on the smaller lakes in the area, Purtis Creek seems like the place to be for a yaker. You guys have any information on that lake? Can you launch from the opposite side of the boat ramp, over by the fishing piers? Thanks in advance.
Roger S

Post by Roger S »

Purtis has always been either really hot or really cold for me but I love camping and fishing there just the same. You can shore launch at either fishing pier. Just look around and where you can launch will become obvious to you.

You ever try fishing the lighted docks on CC at night. I've got a lot of great memories doing that. Haven't been down there since they closed the ramp (and parking) on 198.
FreshSalt09

Post by FreshSalt09 »

Roger S wrote: You ever try fishing the lighted docks on CC at night. I've got a lot of great memories doing that. Haven't been down there since they closed the ramp (and parking) on 198.
I haven't. Just got here in August and with the water/temperature being as low as its been, I haven't gone as much as I'd like. Caught a few small ones from Dons Port to the TRWD intake back in September but that's been the about the extent of my fishing endeavors. Been wanting to try all of the trees just north of Cedar Isle but work has been pretty busy lately. I'm hoping to hit Purtis this weekend, we'll see.
BrianMc

Post by BrianMc »

Hey bigredneck,

I live in Mansfield and just bought a Pescador... still hasn't gotten wet :(

If you ever want company out on Lake Arlington, or for that matter, Joe Pool or Purtis. Let me know!
FreshSalt09

Post by FreshSalt09 »

Caught the bug going around work last weekend and didn't get to go to Purtis :cry: . I'm going to hit it tomorrow and then maybe Chambers Creek on Sunday. Hopefully this front doesn't mess it up.
NTXYakR

Post by NTXYakR »

Planning on hitting Lake Lewisville bright and early tomorrow. It should be nice and crisp with a northern wind blowing. Will be putting in at pilot knolls and fishing Hickory Creek side. Hopefully the cooler temps don't deter my fishing buddy (12 yo daughter), when the alarm goes off in the morning. :)
FreshSalt09

Post by FreshSalt09 »

Windy and cold at Purtis Creek Satuday afternoon. One small one at the northwest end of the lake. Was good to get the yak wet but I was fighting the wind all day. Errands made me too late to hit chambers creek but I did go out for a few hours on Cedar Creek and fish north of Don's Port marina. Skunked... It was late so I didn't get to go up the arm as far as I wanted. Water temp started to rise from 58 to 60 when I turned around.