Ocean Yak-Drifter basket?

Erock

Ocean Yak-Drifter basket?

Post by Erock »

Need to find basket or crate etc. to fit the rear compartment of an Ocean Kayak-Drifter. It's smaller than normal, just checking to see if anyone has the majic answer, Thanks E.
G-Man
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Ocean Yak-Drifter basket?

Post by G-Man »

If you want to go this route, you could make a stand out of PVC that will fit inside the tankwell. Zip tie it to the bottom of your crate and there ya go... That way you won't have look for a crate specially for the Drifter.

G-Man.
J.McDonald Knives

Post by J.McDonald Knives »

Not sure if its the same dimensions as my Scrambler XT but I found that for mine, the Coca-Cola crates fit perfectly after trimming just a small part of the corners off. I never had a crate in my Drifter but I do have pics of my current crate setup. Take some measurements of the bottom of the area and I'll see if they are the same size as mine. Heres a pic of my crate.

c-dawg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by c-dawg »

Measure your tankwell then go to Walmart and check out Sterlite baskets,found one to fit my old style Ride.
Erock

Post by Erock »

All good info, Thanks!- The pvc is good idea but this yak is the one my 13 yr ol girl fishes out of and I want to keep the basket as low as possible? I'll sit her in it and see if it would put it up to high for her to access to the bottom easy. Counting on finding just the right one, I like the sterilite idea. Picked up this 12' Drifter in perfect shape w/ upgraded seat form a guy in bind for 200 bucks, perfect for Gracie!!!