Port A.

Slayton

Port A.

Post by Slayton »

I know this is an odd place to ask, but since this is my local club I was hoping to get some input.

I have been on my Ascend for a few weeks now in the Concho and having a blast. Every year my brother and I spend a few weeks in Port Aransas fishing the Jetties and the assorted fishing docks with decent success and alot of good times.

I think I am going to take my Yak down and was hoping to get some input on where to put in for some drift fishing or flats fishing around Port A. Never been in big water and would like to get some more time on the water before I attempt it. But if anyone has advice on Novice Salt water fishing on Mustang Island or there about I would appreciate it.

Rusty
Christoval, Tx.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Port A.

Post by Bigrock »

There are many places to fish off Hiway 361 between Port A and Aransas Pass. Stop in Slowride Guide Services in Aransas Pass for a chat and good info. Those knuckleheads over on the Saltwater forum probably have some good info as well. :wink:
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

I'll second what ol' Big is saying. Lots of drop-in spots along that stretch. Lighthouse Lakes area, etc. There are some good paddle trails around there that have been made and mapped. Slowride is the man to talk with. His guide service is out of Aransas Pass. You could always go down there and rent the yaks for a day. He'll drop you off and pick you up for $55 for 24 hours. We were going to do this in August, but didn't get a chance while we were there. Anyway, just a thought. Here's his info if your interested...http://www.slowrideguide.com/#!our-shop/ccbt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

If you slip Slowride an extra $20, he'll wear just a Speedo and smile while he guides you.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

A twenty???

I'll just hire you. You only charge a dollar. :shock: :lol:
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:A twenty???

You've put enough dollar bills down the front of my Speedo, mister! I'm out to conquer new territory! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Slayton

Post by Slayton »

I am taking my yak down. We have the room and I would rather use the rental money on more gear. Hoping the Speedo thing is an inside joke, because if I have to wear a speedo to fish with you guys, you may loose members the first few times I show up. :wink:

I have been snooping around and looks like the flats around Redfish Bay on the way to Rock Port are accessible. Just a short drive from Port A. So we will try that aswell.

Rusty
jsharp

Post by jsharp »

there is alot places to good fishing from rockport to port a for kayak fishing mustang island state park is a good place to try the packery channel between port a and corpus is a good place launch there and go up or if you want to try your hand some btb fishing you can put in on the surf good luck we will be going sept 24th and fishing the surf and jetties in port a will post report when get back
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

Aggroman wrote:A twenty???

They both charge too much!!!
johnboy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by johnboy »

One of these days I want to get all you guys down there for an outing and have Billy show us how to manage an oyster bed at high speed??