Dove Creek

Andersgear

Dove Creek

Post by Andersgear »

Anybody been fishing dove creek any out here in dove creek? Waters 59'ish but it seems ain't nothing happening. I got one 2lber yesterday but it's been super slow. Just curious if anyone else has been hitting any of it?
nmYAK4fish

Re: Dove Creek

Post by nmYAK4fish »

I haven't been there, but I've been seeing 60*+ water temps in a couple of the fishiest lakes in town but I can't get a bite?! I wonder whats going on, because I'm 99% positive that I've dropped a bait in front of a few fish. Is there such thing as a warm front turning em off? because I caught a few on sunday with 54 degree water temps & monday with high 50's. I know the surface water of the water doesn't always reflect whats on the bottom, but these lakes deepest spots are only 12ft.
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

I was out at spring creek in Mertzon and there's a spot on privet property I can get above a tree downed in the water. The waters super clear so you can what's going on. I watched these fish for about four hrs. There were 5-8 lbers just hanging out. They weren't chasing anything and you could just tell the bait and perch weren't really concerned ether. I threw a few different baits to see and they ascted like nothing was there, if they did anything? it was swim away. So I'm guessing we're getting that a lot lol!! Just clear water you can see them stick their nose up at you lol!! Guess I'll just keep the hook wet!! Tight lines everyone!!
badcuda

Post by badcuda »

where are you fishing dove creek?thought it was private.
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Most access is private but I know a guy that'll let me launch