Cali Cat Yakers Report 27 AUG 2016

Remus

Cali Cat Yakers Report 27 AUG 2016

Post by Remus »

I was joined by John Yakdat after a two year break proving that he can still catch fish. Very nice weather with no wind, plenty of bait available. We made it to Rick's favorite fishing hole and everything was calm to include the catfish and the reds. We were using live tilapia and shad heads and no nibbles. Yakdat decided to change to chicken liver and right away he caught a decent size catfish. It wasn't a 50 fish day but Yakdat finished the day with 9 cats and I had 2...almost skunked. Lesson learned, bring other bait as back up, just in case.
There were about 10 other kayakers all new faces, not bad for a week end.
Yakdat...you are the man!!!

Remus
Attachments
P8270334.JPG
P8270335.JPG
P8270333.JPG
castin4fish

Re: Cali Cat Yakers Report 27 AUG 2016

Post by castin4fish »

Way to go! Wished I coulda made it. Grass got mowed anyway.
Remus

Post by Remus »

RickR , Yakdat and I are going this Friday 2 Sep in the am. Join us.

Remus
rickr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by rickr »

Got it on my calendar Harry. Dang, looks like you had plenty of company. We must have a lot of lurkers trying to figure out where that hole is. Ol Yakdat John don't look a day older, bless his heart. :lol:
Remus

Post by Remus »

That is reason I did not mentioned the name of our favorite catfishing hole. Honestly there were quite a few kayakers but they were scattered all over the lake. BTW...since the wall is off limit I believe that has cut down the amount of pb cruising the lake. Fridays are peaceful anyway!

See you on Friday.

Remus
rickr wrote:Got it on my calendar Harry. Dang, looks like you had plenty of company. We must have a lot of lurkers trying to figure out where that hole is. Ol Yakdat John don't look a day older, bless his heart. :lol: