*****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, AUG 16th, WEDNESDAY, 2023 (((((NEW UPDATES)))))*****

boricualouie

Re: *****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JULY 15th, SATURDAY, 2023 (((((UPDATES)))))*****

Post by boricualouie »

Hey guys I’m possibly planning on taking off tonight to corpus is anyone going? We can spit the cost of fuel! I plan on leaving late tonight, hit me up!
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

I’m heading to corpus tonight, if anyone from Austin going,let me know, we can split the cost of fuel
niswanger

Post by niswanger »

Quick report:

- 5 yaks launched yesterday (Sat 7/29) from beach marker 82 around 6:30 AM...closer to 7AM for two slow-pike AI's
- Surf was certainly beginner probably average 1.8' @ 4 secs...easy entry
- Tide had just turned (going out)
- Winds started out at maybe 6mph, but quickly died down to almost nothing by 10am (not so great for the AI's)
- Offshore surf was cake...calm rollers at 1.5, maybe an occasional 2-2.5
- The King bite was off, even a good number of power boats trolling hard baits etc. didn't see any action. One kayaker managed, I think, a sand trout and two lane snappers. He also caught a bonnet head shark (released) looked to be about 3.5' long. I have some of that on my go-pro. Another kayaker thinks the taxman got him. I also think another kayaker said he lost a King? I put out largest SW rattletrap and a ribbon fish with a stinger/duster rig. About half way something not too big hit the rattletrap. That close in I would assume maybe a SMACK. Then out at one of the rigs another hit on the rattle trip and I am pretty sure it was a good size King, but he came off. Then around 1PM I hooked up on the ribbonfish with a relatively small King, about 40" but that was good. Meat is going on brine as I speak to smoke it tomorrow on cherry pellets (I make heavenly King Fish Dip)
-We all returned about 3:30 w/o issue
- Great trip as I met 3 new kayak anglers and one lives next door to me in Cedar Park (I think) and he has an AI.

Video and some pics coming soon.

Over and Out!
John Hall

Post by John Hall »

niswanger wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:09 am Quick report:

- 5 yaks launched yesterday (Sat 7/29) from beach marker 82 around 6:30 AM...closer to 7AM for two slow-pike AI's
- Surf was certainly beginner probably average 1.8' @ 4 secs...easy entry
- Tide had just turned (going out)
- Winds started out at maybe 6mph, but quickly died down to almost nothing by 10am (not so great for the AI's)
- Offshore surf was cake...calm rollers at 1.5, maybe an occasional 2-2.5
- The King bite was off, even a good number of power boats trolling hard baits etc. didn't see any action. One kayaker managed, I think, a sand trout and two lane snappers. He also caught a bonnet head shark (released) looked to be about 3.5' long. I have some of that on my go-pro. Another kayaker thinks the taxman got him. I also think another kayaker said he lost a King? I put out largest SW rattletrap and a ribbon fish with a stinger/duster rig. About half way something not too big hit the rattletrap. That close in I would assume maybe a SMACK. Then out at one of the rigs another hit on the rattle trip and I am pretty sure it was a good size King, but he came off. Then around 1PM I hooked up on the ribbonfish with a relatively small King, about 40" but that was good. Meat is going on brine as I speak to smoke it tomorrow on cherry pellets (I make heavenly King Fish Dip)
-We all returned about 3:30 w/o issue
- Great trip as I met 3 new kayak anglers and one lives next door to me in Cedar Park (I think) and he has an AI.

Video and some pics coming soon.

Over and Out!
We took the bay boat to MP rigs, not much to report there either. One giant southern stingray, a bunch of juvi snapper, one good lane snapper and several spade/anel fish that made for dinner.
niswanger

Post by niswanger »

deptrai

Re: *****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, AUG 16th, WEDNESDAY, 2023 (((((NEW UPDATES)))))*****

Post by deptrai »

I'm out. Waited over a year for this and Friday I scheduled a customer to come visit tomorrow.

Dave
niswanger

Re: *****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, AUG 16th, WEDNESDAY, 2023 (((((NEW UPDATES)))))*****

Post by niswanger »

Glad to hear it's finally taking place. I will not make this one, but even if I could there's not enough wind LOL.
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

Come on already. Lets see some of those King Mackerel pictures.

I'm so disappointed I couldn't make it.

Dave
xmatador2000

Post by xmatador2000 »

How did you guys do? Will there be another trip the rest of this year?
Plastic Pirogue

Post by Plastic Pirogue »

It’s been a week. Are y’all still out there? Should we send a search party? :D

(Sorry I wasn’t able to join you, but I already had a trip planned to fish grass flats in Tampa Bay.)