Rockport Area 7/1/23 through 7/7/23

txfshrmn

Rockport Area 7/1/23 through 7/7/23

Post by txfshrmn »

We are going to be down in the Rockport area the beginning of July. I've fished a lot of Kontiki Point of Aransas Bay. We've called it "Tin Can Reef" for years! Also fished the Lighthouse lakes area and the Brown and Root flats on the opposite side of 361. We are staying back by Salt Lake which opens up to Copano Bay. If anyone will be down or already has plans along the way let us know. Hopefully somewhere in there the weather is right for me to head along the bridge pilings and hammer some sheep head's on some light tackle! Also nothing light some shrimp and a popping cork. How is the water clarity right now?

Thanks in advance
Music Man
Location: Missouri City Lightning Nomad, Kraken 13.5, Trident Ultra 4.3

Re: Rockport Area 7/1/23 through 7/7/23

Post by Music Man »

Just got back from there on Thursday. Didn’t post anything as I am having trouble posting anything. That and it wasn’t very productive :lol:

Water wasn’t as clear as I have seen it in the past. Current was strong both days I was on the water. Bait blowing up everywhere. Saw a nice red tailing but he wasn’t interested in anything I threw at him. Planning on another trip down that way. I’ll holler if it looks like in your time frame.
txfshrmn

Post by txfshrmn »

Awesome. Glad you could make it down there and for sure let me know if you can make.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Tombo has, for years, posted of his successful fishing in Salt Lake (he lives on its shore).

Of course, Tombo is a very adept at embellishing good stories. :)
CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

Check.....
txfshrmn

Post by txfshrmn »

As have we all I'm sure.
wittich

Post by wittich »

Water clarity has to do with wind direction and velocity among other factors. This changes day to day. A month from now it could be clear or muddy. The good news is you have many options of places to fish around that area and the entrance to Salt Lake is one of the best spots, until the dolphins show up. I would bring a kayak and explore some nearby shorelines for tailing redfish in the early morning.