Lefty Kreh DVD?

TexasJim

Lefty Kreh DVD?

Post by TexasJim »

I started looking for a copy of Lefty Kreh's DVD, "The Complete Cast". I couldn't believe that AMAZON and E-Bay didn't have it.
It apparently came out not that long back, sold out, and anyone that has one is keeping it! I realize that Lefty died, and I guess his estate isn't re-issuing. it. There are many other DVD's, but I'm only interested in that one. Do any of you have a copy I could borrow, watch, and return? I saw something about an accompanying book, but I'm not sure about that? I'd be glad to pay postage each way, etc, if anyone has one. TexsasJim
wittich

Re: Lefty Kreh DVD?

Post by wittich »

I remember paying for an online video series of Lefty & Ed Jaworowski.
wittich

Post by wittich »

I think you can go on Vimeo to purchase this series online and then download the videos.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

I was extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to receive a half hour casting lesson from Lefty. I think I was around 65 at the Time. Lefty was much older than me, but could, with little perceived effort, outcast me by more than a few feet.

During that, all too short time, Lefty got rid of several of my major casing habits, and taught me how to make long casts with the most minimal amount of effort. I spent much of the following 15 years fly fishing throughout the US, Mexico, and central America. From Houston's golf pond blue gills, and bass, to Ascencion Bay's tarpon and bluefish, I "covered the waterfront" every chance I got.

Thanks to Lefty, I had no problem making long 80 ft casts to large cruising bones, or not exhausting myself when repeatedly shooting a heavy fly with a 9wt under the mangroves in search of Tarpon and snook. In short, Lefty Kreh's thirty minute casting lesson provided me with even more love for fly fishing than I had experienced during the first 50 years of my love affair with the darn things.