Independent insurance agent recommendation

CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Independent insurance agent recommendation

Post by CopanoCruisin »

Looking for recommendations on an independent insurance agent for out home in Corpus Christi/Rockport area. Our insurance agency is retiring and closing their office. Danged Hochheim Prairie Insurance is just dropping their clients, no option to transfer to another agency, Customer loyalty is a thing of the past, we had been with them for 35 years. Oh well, just saying…….cC
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Independent insurance agent recommendation

Post by karstopo »

Insurance is a mess right now along the coast. My wife has worked for close to thirty years for State Farm as an agent, but not the agent with their name on the door.

State Farm has currently suspended until further notice writing new Homeowners policies along the coast except for very, very rare exceptions. Anything roughly 40 miles or closer to the gulf is verboten.

Flood insurance through FEMA is pretty messy, too, big recent changes to that program. Auto insurance rates are skyrocketing.

Independent insurance agents might be the best option as they can at least search the market for a variety of options.

It is a lot less expensive as far as homeowners insurance is concerned to have a home away from the coast. Many multiples less expensive in many cases. Having a Colorado or New Mexico mountain home is WAY less expensive to insure than a house on the Gulf of Mexico. Way less property taxes also. Just no saltwater.

I think the insurance industry has taken the climate models and the effects on the coast to heart.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Absolutely. Real-World consequences for a perceived world demise… sounds like a religion to me. Nonetheless, our home on the coast went from 1/10 flood risk to 8/10 within the last 2 years. I’m not getting political, but if the Covid response means anything to you, you know what is coming with climate change response.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Just heard from my wife the State Farm agent that they have extended inland their no new homeowners policies to encompass at least most of the greater Houston area including Katy.
redruM4un

Post by redruM4un »

I use Allstate in the HTown and CC area. It is what it is.

On my way into Taft I see this guy's billboard whom should be of help for you though.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (190.68 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
redruM4un

Post by redruM4un »

Cut that from a street view on 181 :P
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

best rates if u are AARP is the Hartford for both home and auto.
AARP membership is intially $12/yr and I compared same coverages with SF,Geico,Allst, Fred Loyola for bundled home and truck
CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

Thanks for the replies. Just an update. I spoke with the VP of my current insurance agency out of Victoria today. They are not retiring or closing. He stated that Hochhiem Prairie wanted to cut their liabilities along the coast and just quit letting them represent Hochhiem Prairie as of December 30. He stated that was the easiest way out for them. I just wonder how many of their longtime clients just got kicked out to the side of the road. Oh well. Just saying…..cC