breaking in the new yak

bogdog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

breaking in the new yak

Post by bogdog »

Well the second AOY boat arrived this week, the ocean kayak guys helped in getting it shuttled in from san antonio. i went down to corpus to pick it up and fishman asked if i was interested in giving this new boat a "proper christening". .....well as you can see, the new boat got its first application of a slimy clear coat.

THANKS TO EVERYONE AT MALIBU AND WILDERNESS for the yak donations to the specktackular event this year and thanks to TEAM OCEAN KAYAK for going out of your way to get the second boat to me....and of course breaking it in.

i would like to add that the X-factor is extremely stable. polling the flats for reds is going to be "a piece of cake" in this boat.
Attachments
malibu standing.jpg
malibu standing.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
malibu stringer.jpg
malibu stringer.jpg (61.14 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Good going, bogdog! Nice ride. And SUPER catch!

Mrs. B
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Boy am I confused......."OK boys" shuttled a Malibu product from SA to CC and you went down and fished with"Fishman" to christen an X-Factor. What's wrong with this picture??

Anyway, pretty yak and good stringer of fish. Congrats!!!
Minnow
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Minnow »

Marlboro Man!
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

I know it was that guy at the fish market, I kinda wondered if he was lost, Waders in the martket Hah.....

J/K

Nice stringer man! Nice!

What is your weight and hieght, so I get an idea of how stable that yak is?

thnx
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Nice looking picture. Blue color really makes it stand out.......along with the stringer of fine fish. :wink:
FISHMAN
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Rock Port--Corpus Christi--KAYAK FISHING GUIDE www.fishmansguideservice.com / Team Ocean Kayak.com

Post by FISHMAN »

Mythman wrote:Boy am I confused......."OK boys" shuttled a Malibu product from SA to CC and you went down and fished with"Fishman" to christen an X-Factor. What's wrong with this picture??

The Team Ocean Kayak Boy's wanted to make sure that Clint got the boat that he deserved for winning the Spectacular. I would like to thank Ken and Brad with Malibou for helping to make things right. Team Ocean Kayak is always glad to help a fellow kayaker. I'm glad we got to break it in with a nice limit of fish and a slam. The first trip on you're new kayak is one that you will always remember. :D
Skinnyfeet
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Skinnyfeet »

Mythman wrote:Boy am I confused......."OK boys" shuttled a Malibu product from SA to CC and you went down and fished with"Fishman" to christen an X-Factor. What's wrong with this picture??

Heh, heh, heh, its not that crazy Mythman .............

Evidently there was a snafu in awarding Clint his new X Factor, and the way that we learned about it was through Fil (Fishman). Once we got all of the facts, I put the boat on top of the truck and headed south.

Since a lot of us were getting together at the Expo last weekend, Fil suggested that we let Jeff (another one of the OK guys) shuttle the boat back to Houston to give to Clint. Evidently Jeff couldn't get his boats and the X on top of his car :shock: , so Clint came out monday and picked it up. As a consolation prize he got to go fishing with Fil .........

Congatulations on your win Clint, and enjoy your new boat; you definitely deserve it!
blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

FISHMAN wrote:

The Team Ocean Kayak Boy's wanted to make sure that Clint got the boat that he deserved for winning the Spectacular. I would like to thank Ken and Brad with Malibou for helping to make things right. Team Ocean Kayak is always glad to help a fellow kayaker. I'm glad we got to break it in with a nice limit of fish and a slam. The first trip on you're new kayak is one that you will always remember. :D

And we thank you Fil, and Jeff, and Vincent for that matter.

We've all had conversations in the past days about how working together to support the kayaking community is good for kayaking. To a person, irrespective of their brand loyalty (WS/OK/Malibu) everyone I've been chatting with is in agreement with this philosophy.

There's definiately a time for brand blindness - and this is such an instance.

We're very happy that Clint got his yak - and we really do thank the OK guys for helping out by shuttling the new X-Factor to Clint.

A class act - all of them.

Ken - "b"
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mythman »

Well I have to agree on one thing, 95% of the time those OK boys have class.......the 5% is when they disagree with my views!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

Mythman wrote:Well I have to agree on one thing, 95% of the time those OK boys have class.......the 5% is when they disagree with my views!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

LOL!

Only 5%?

;)

b
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mythman »

blesker wrote:
Mythman wrote:Well I have to agree on one thing, 95% of the time those OK boys have class.......the 5% is when they disagree with my views!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

LOL!

Only 5%?

;)

b

I have become a tolerant man, must have something to do with old age.............and I always thought I would get crankier.
FISHMAN
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Rock Port--Corpus Christi--KAYAK FISHING GUIDE www.fishmansguideservice.com / Team Ocean Kayak.com

Post by FISHMAN »

Thanks!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hec fish

Post by Hec fish »

What a stringer!!!!NICE!!!!
bogdog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by bogdog »

kjctheghost wrote:What is your weight and hieght, so I get an idea of how stable that yak is?

i am around 5'10 and 175 pds. however, i do have a heritage redfish and a tarpon 140. though they are great boats they lack one really important thing for a redfish guy,,,,, the ability to effectively stand and fish. it can be done, but only on the calmest days.

i went out twice this week and i was able to stand in the x-factor in abt 2 ft waves., get some great standing sight casting ops to some far off reds (which is something new to me)...and more importantly i was able to stand in the yak, pull down my waders, and you know....take care of bidness (#1 that is). any yaker who is way off the beach in waders knows how hard going to the bathroom is. NOT IN THIS BOAT :oops: :oops:

anyhow, thanks again so much to ken and brad from MALIBU and to the OK guys. this experience really has been a treat!