Great Product Review

TexasJim

Great Product Review

Post by TexasJim »

Last year, my $35 Fish Monkey gloves fell totally apart. I looked at the options, and the gloves by the "name brand" fishing outfits were stupid expensive, and didn't seem any better than what I had. I searched online and found gloves on Amazon from Avantik Sports(China, of course), that looked like good kayaking and fishing Gloves. They were "River Runs" brand. Fingerless, short wrist(as I always fish in long sleeves), silicone rubber on the palm side and blue camo SPF50 cloth on the back. I ordered a pair, $9.99 + tax, free shipping on my wife's Prime account. When they came, I was very impressed. I figured they might last six months. Cheap! These gloves are a year old, are still in great shape, even the rubber that grips my paddle is like new. Just a tiny bit of stitch un-raveling, like the Fish Monkeys did in two months. I fish with them in my skiff, also, to protect the back of my hands from sun damage. So, I decided to get another pair, for backup, and found the same gloves for $6.99 + tax and free shipping. Wow!
If you search Amazon for River Runs gloves, the ones I bought are hard to find, but there. There are tons of gloves, and maybe many other brands are good, but I'm very impressed with the River Runs gloves. I tried to give Avantik a good review, but it wasn't worth the hassle. YMMV TexasJim
Pablo
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Great Product Review

Post by Pablo »

Thanks
deptrai

Re: Great Product Review

Post by deptrai »

I also recently purchased some new gloves. I've only had them for 2 months, but am impressed so far.
gloves.JPG
Probably all made by the same Chinese folks.

Dave