Guide suggestions

heybwebo

Guide suggestions

Post by heybwebo »

Looks like this question has not been asked in a while. I’m looking for a guide for 2 adults in Surfside or Galveston for this weekend. We have kayaks, but want some help learning the skills. We would prefer to stay in the areas we frequently fish Surfside (Little Drum Bay to Christmas Bay) SLP, and the State Park.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeaves84

Re: Guide suggestions

Post by jeaves84 »

Jared Esley - tailsandscalesgalvestonkayakfishing.com

Insta: @jaredesley

Super reasonable ($150 for one person, $200 for two) and the dude knows a TON.

Cameron & Clint Barghi - galvestonkayakfishing.com

heybwebo

Post by heybwebo »

Thanks, Jared is booked. I know I’m last minute, still looking for options.

SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

If you go out in a kayak Saturday be careful. Weather conditions are forecast to be brutal. Really high pressure and winds in some areas gusting to 30 from the north northeast.
bigcorvina

Post by bigcorvina »

Thinking of driving down from the Woodlands on Sunday AM; weather might be better & a tad warmer. Any suggestions on where to go?
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

There is no way I would go out on Saturday given the current forecast.

If I were to go out in Sunday morning instead of going to Austin for my son’s golf tournament, I would go to Churchill Bayou and fish the mouths of the drains from about 7:15a until about 10:30a. Then I’d make my way to Titlum Tatlum and fish the drains and dropoffs from 2p to 4p and then paddle/pedal back to the launch with my bag full of fish and be off the water before the 5:30p sunset. And I would likely throw a 3” greenback Vudu shad all day.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Rick Spillman, done.
bigcorvina

Post by bigcorvina »

mwatson71 wrote:There is no way I would go out on Saturday given the current forecast.

If I were to go out in Sunday morning instead of going to Austin for my son’s golf tournament, I would go to Churchill Bayou and fish the mouths of the drains from about 7:15a until about 10:30a. Then I’d make my way to Titlum Tatlum and fish the drains and dropoffs from 2p to 4p and then paddle/pedal back to the launch with my bag full of fish and be off the water before the 5:30p sunset. And I would likely throw a 3” greenback Vudu shad all day.
Thanks.