At lest the water was pretty

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

At lest the water was pretty

Post by Prof. Salt »

I launched South of the Mustang Island State Park yesterday just before dawn, daring the 5" surf in the darkness. I was at the first rig before sunup and began jigging for some live bait. I caught undersized snapper and then got slammed by a better fish. I got it away from the rig and settled in to a nice up and down fight. After several minutes I ruled out a giant stingray, shark, big snapper or grouper, and finally was forced to rule out cobia too when I caught a glimpse of a medium sized stingray. At around 40" it wasn't a pushover, but when I got a good look at that spear hanging off the business end I decided to donate the jig so he could show off the shiny new nose ring to his friends and I could avoid a trip to the ER to have a spear removed from my hand. I made my way to all the area rigs - more than once - in the search for pelagics. None were located, so I hit the beach around noon after trolling 14 miles in beautiful conditions. Oh well, it was a comfortable workout and was great to be on the open water again.

Volkswatson

Re: At lest the water was pretty

Post by Volkswatson »

SOOOO good to see ya back in da saddle old bud!

I have so much happening this summer, I'm not sure I'll be able to get away!! I'll be watching you though!

-Ben
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Trust me Ben I've been ready to get out here for a long time already, but you can't rush nature putting the right conditions together. Already planning the next trip for later this week!
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

Good choice in letting him keep the jewelry. I'd have done the same.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Great attitude, at least your body gets some training for when the fish show up.