Fishing report, 10-30-21

Tombo

Fishing report, 10-30-21

Post by Tombo »

Launched at 0700, dark with little to no wind. Tides had dropped about 1.5', paddled most of the time was too shallow to use mirage drive. But, Redfish were scattered and showing themselves. Caught and released 6 Reds, all sight casting. Two scenes were memorable. First were two redfish basically "sleeping in about an inch of water. They were facing into a small creek that was draining. One fish was a mid slot and it got tired of me throwing a lure at it and swam off. The other fish, about 29", just sat there. No amount of casting a Gulp would budge this fish. No matter what I did, dragging over top or letting the Gulp sit by its mouth would budge this Red. Its back was dry sitting there for so long. So, I paddled up another creek and caught two redfish sight casting. I spooked one Redfish in the creek where it landed on dry land. I had to dig a small channel in the mud and nudge it along till it got going in the shallow creek. As I exited the creek, that same Red was still basking in the sun.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Fishing report, 10-30-21

Post by Neumie »

Thanks for the report. I've encountered "sleping" reds many times and at first it's frustrating, but then I just paddle up to them and tap them with my rod.

Hoping to find some reds before the cold front blows through on Thursday.
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

Nice report tombo, sounds like you had a heck of a day. Nothing like sight casting to reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Thanks, can't wait for the next trip.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Awesome report.... sounds fun and big fish! 29in would be* :wink: a nice fish to catch in skinny water.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Great report and info! :clap: Thanks for posting!!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

That 29" Redfish had a bunch of small shrimp pinned against the bank just slurping them in. Once hooked, it did not speed off, rather it towed me down stream.