TX Hill Country - September 11, 2022

Neumie
Site Admin

TX Hill Country - September 11, 2022

Post by Neumie »

Got out today to see how our rivers looking since the all the rain we've received for the past few weeks. I'm glad to report I actually saw river flows. Which is huge. I scoped out several crossings to see what was what, and I caught decent bass at each crossing. Most were a pound or less, but I did land a 3ish and lost a 4-5ish lbs bass. I am beat down from today, one of the most tired I've ever been from wading a river, but it was worth it to see a healthy river and healthy fish.

Hard to tell in the photo, but this pair of bass were each over 4 lbs. Couldn't catch them no matter how hard I tried; once you get spotted by a big bass in clear water you are toast.

I went to another crossing which had great scenery and structure.

I did have to go through an illegal fence across a navigable stream. Luckily on the top strand was barbed-wire and the rest were smooth wire.

After the third crossing I was already whipped; so a cold beer and jalapeno & cheese summer sausage hit to spot quite nicely.

Image\

I caught some fish, experienced new Texas, and got to see how the rain of the past weeks impacted our rivers. Pretty good Sunday if you ask me.
Tenore

Re: TX Hill Country - September 11, 2022

Post by Tenore »

Appreciate your report. I often fly fish in the Pedernales river and was shocked to see just a few isolated pools and no flow. This was in early August so hopefully it is improving.
Attachments
8B305A02-C991-4D09-96D0-D039088C2586.jpeg
657B1627-7703-417B-B3D1-04C486439BCE.jpeg
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

Thanks for the report! I’d love to try fishing the rivers one day, it looks so peaceful, thanks for sharing and nice photos!
txanalogkd

Post by txanalogkd »

Nice pictures and report. Thanks for posting.