Day 2 Cape Cod

wittich

Day 2 Cape Cod

Post by wittich »

On Friday morning the weather looked perfect. I made an early trip out again to Stage Harbor. There were cars parked which meant a number of other fisherman were probably at the best spots, such as the end of the small jetty facing out towards nantucked sound. I started fishing the hardings beach the first two hours, without any bites.
Then, I found a sand flat that held bait. I had a hard hit on a soft plastic and hooked up to good striper. I heard the sound of an engine and lowered my rod tip as a boat was approaching. Nothing attracts a crowd of boats more than a bend rod.

The boat continued on and I released the first Striped bass. Soon afterwards I caught and released a 2nd fish. Soon afterwards, a flyfisherman started wading towards me. Sometimes, people get aggravated when other fisherman get a little to close. Some days, I might have said something as this guy was closing in on the flat I was fishing. I am glad I decided not to be a jerk. After a few minutes he started reeling up his line and walking towards shore. I told him that I had just caught two good fish a few minutes earlier and not to give up yet. He hadn't had a bite all morning. I showed him the down south texas tea lure I had used and he switched to a olive/ white clouser and then caught striper. We became friends after that. It turns out he has a vacation home in Chatam. He invited me to out on his boat the next day, and then He invited me to have dinner with his family that evening. Next time you are out on the water and getting pissed off when another fisherman gets a little close, don't let the little things bother you.
Last edited by wittich on Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wittich

Re: Day 2 Cape Cod

Post by wittich »

Path to Stage .jpg
wittich

Re: Day 2 Cape Cod

Post by wittich »

Striper in water.jpg