PROBLEM

DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

PROBLEM

Post by DarrellS »

For the last four months I have either been building the stripper or working on the trailer. Tonight I am sitting in the house wondering what to do. I feel like I need to be doing something. It's killing me,guess it's time for another boat.......... :D
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: PROBLEM

Post by gerald »

I haven't forgotten you. 16' X 28" 5 panel with deck and big cockpit like my old marathon boat that turned out to be a better expedition kayak. Pretty much the same hull shape of strider's stable Brazos River Fishing Boat--not the conquista. Got your plywood yet?
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

Like I said, Take care of your business first. I can build a boat anytime.
barditch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by barditch »

:D Here's a thought: Ice, bait, tackle, and river + sunshine= a truly casual day! It's called fishing...the reason we build, paddle and discuss boats! :shock: Isn't it???
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

barditch wrote::D Here's a thought: Ice, bait, tackle, and river + sunshine= a truly casual day! It's called fishing...the reason we build, paddle and discuss boats! :shock: Isn't it???
I fully agree. I fish/camp on the weekends, but I don't sleep much so I usually have ten or so hours after work that I dedicated to building the stripper/trailer (after honey doo's of course). I built the stripper in about four months and/or five hundred hours, do the math. :D There were lots of 4:00 am mornings before bedtime.
fysherman

Post by fysherman »

Build a trailer like Ron. That thing is pretty sweet.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Talked to Darrel on the land line,I was rolling on the floor laughing at him, this guy is funny I dont care what you say.
The sad part is I understood just what he was saying ,I built 8 boats with very little break between them,when I finished the Cuda I was lost for a week.
So what did I do built a camper :horse:
Ron
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

fysherman wrote:Build a trailer like Ron. That thing is pretty sweet.
As a matter of fact Ron and I are discussing that very thing. :D
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

People keep saying how fast I built the stripper. If you figure the hours it took me twice as long as it would have taken Gerald. Of course I had no clue what I was doing when I started/finished. :lol:
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

DarrellS wrote:For the last four months I have either been building the stripper or working on the trailer. Tonight I am sitting in the house wondering what to do. I feel like I need to be doing something. It's killing me,guess it's time for another boat.......... :D
I hope you wife is not reading this or you may have NO time!!! :D
TexaRican
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by TexaRican »

DarrellS wrote:
barditch wrote::D Here's a thought: Ice, bait, tackle, and river + sunshine= a truly casual day! It's called fishing...the reason we build, paddle and discuss boats! :shock: Isn't it???
I fully agree. I fish/camp on the weekends, but I don't sleep much so I usually have ten or so hours after work that I dedicated to building the stripper/trailer (after honey doo's of course). I built the stripper in about four months and/or five hundred hours, do the math. :D There were lots of 4:00 am mornings before bedtime.
I hear you on the sleep dept. I get about 3 hours a night. If only I lived in the country where no neighbors would protest the hum of my RO sander at 3:00am I'd get alot more projects done.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

DUDE . . . do what I just did. GO FISHING!