Dove lease

eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Dove lease

Post by eweberdc »

Hey guys,
Do any of you know of a good dove lease around Austin? All I care to do is bird hunt, and maybe fish a stock tank. Any help would be much appreciated!
Brother Bob

Re: Dove lease

Post by Brother Bob »

Ewe,

I saw a post on Criagslist last week for a place in Bastrop:

150 acres in Bastrop County
All hunting is done over dove weed fields and native grass pastures, stock ponds and fly ways.
1 hour drive from Austin
Semi-guided hunts - owner on premises
$65 per gun on opening weekend
$50 per gun per day after opening weekend
512-988-1180

FYI, this was jus an add I saw and printed it out just in case I don't get any invites!

Good luck,

BB
eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by eweberdc »

Cool, thanks. I'm looking for a season-long lease, if possible. Those are pretty hard to find in my price range, though!
atxbandit

Post by atxbandit »

I normally hunt out at the Granger WMA. You need the annual public hunting lands permit which is $48. Pick a spot where corn has been harvested across the street and the birds will be there. Once the fields are plowed its normally over though.
Kelly Watson
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Kelly Watson »

Llano riverbed is free and so is the fishing. Much cooler than a field.. And cheaper!
golfmanswl

Post by golfmanswl »

Can you really just hunt anywhere along the river as long as you are in the riverbed?
Brother Bob

Post by Brother Bob »

You sure can! We used to do it on the Colorado River east of Austin until they county cut our access road due to locals using it as a trash dumb site :evil: . You can also hunt ducks from the riverbeds :wink: !

BB
golfmanswl

Post by golfmanswl »

Does anybody on this site hunt ducks in the rivers around here? I usually try to go to the coast a couple of times a year, but would like to try something different.
Kelly Watson
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Kelly Watson »

Ducks?? Yes Llano and Colorado both have huntable numbers of ducks. If you go during teal season, you can kill doves and teal!!!! The Llano has alot of teal especially during a drought year.
e

Post by e »

Kelly Watson wrote:Ducks?? Yes Llano and Colorado both have huntable numbers of ducks. If you go during teal season, you can kill doves and teal!!!! The Llano has alot of teal especially during a drought year.
Man l need to get in on some of that action, l have actually never hunted the early teal season-something about sweating and duck hunting that don't seem right to me.

Anyway, if someone gets a hunt up, let me know.