Ok folks... Some questions for y'all.

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Ok folks... Some questions for y'all.

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Would y'all come to a monthly TKF meeting at our kayak shop? We could go over ideas like the Save Our Springs thing and other ideas. We could set up outings, have some rigging classes, etc.

Who fly fishes?

Would you be interested in fly tying and fly fishing classes at the shop? I could get Barry and Al Crise to come down. It would probably cost about $20 each if we had 20 people. I can also do some fly tying classes for free.

Let us know what you think and give us some ideas of what you'd like to see at our kayak shop.
MWS65

Re: Ok folks... Some questions for y'all.

Post by MWS65 »

Sounds like a good way to get things together and to see what is going on.
Mike
sureshot56

Post by sureshot56 »

Where is the shop ?
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

The address will be 921 Caddo Street. It's right on the loop at Pecos (by Central High School).

We aren't open yet but we are hoping to open in 2 weeks. We'll have a grand opening, some specials, snacks, drinks, etc and members of the Chamber Of Commerce will be there along with hopefully a bunch of TKF'ers.. LOL

We've ordered the kayaks, some accessories, bought the office furniture, computers, equipment, etc. Right now we're just waiting on a fishing rod company to come on board and should have some more info next week.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

I'm all for TKF meetings, but I'm not sure about monthly. Like we discussed (briefly) the other night, schedules are pretty full for just about everybody now days. And those with kids!! :roll:

I would love the chance to get together with more kayakers, more often. I learned a whole lot the other nite about trailers, rigging, other makes of boats, fishing techniques, (thanks super sport for the tips!) and all this while trying to keep up with a creek full of ragamuffins!!! :lol:

BTW...what's the name of the shop? and what brand of coffee will you have percolating? and will you stock boomerang style skipping stones? ( I hate losing the best ones to the deep abyss)
BB'sGal

Post by BB'sGal »

BB meant to say it is on the Loop at Park Street not Pecos ;-)
rrp1950

Post by rrp1950 »

It sounds like something I would be interested in.
BB'sGal

Post by BB'sGal »

Bigrock wrote:
BTW...what's the name of the shop? and what brand of coffee will you have percolating?
Here's the official scoop! Spotted Dog Kayaks will be open soon :-) I will be in the shop next week getting some admin stuff done and working on signs and waiting for our boats to arrive. I don't do too much coffee when it is hot outside, but you can bet there will be coffee in the mornings and whenever Barnacle Bill is in the shop. LOL

We hope everyone stops in soon to say hello and tell us what they want to see in the shop. Tell your friends!

Karen
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

Karen you have to make sure he can find the shop first. If you two need any help getting things set up let me know.
Mike
BB'sGal

Post by BB'sGal »

Thanks Mike! We just might take you up on that. I think our big project will be building some boat storage. we have some ideas and will know better next week about when the boats will arrive. ]

hey, how'd you know BB can be navigationally challenged? ;-) LOL
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Hardy har har..... LOL..

Thanks for the offer Mike. Even though we will be not be open and will just be working in the shop the next couple of weeks, y'all stop by if you're in the area. Either Karen or I or both will be there dawn to dark the next couple of weeks.