Shrimp Tacos

Bassbug
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Shrimp Tacos

Post by Bassbug »

Anyone have a good recipe for shrimp tacos that they have actually made?
trntybay99

Re: Shrimp Tacos

Post by trntybay99 »

Saute (I think I spelled that right) onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos (depending on your heat preference) in butter. When everything is cooked down add shrimp, dust with TexJoy Fajita seasoning, juice of one lime and continue until shrimp is cooked through about 3 min. Serve on warm tortillas with lettuce, some shredded red cabbage, tomato, guacamole, and cheese. I also cook redfish this way, just cube the fish it's great.
Bassbug
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Bassbug »

Thanks, it sounds great!
trntybay99 wrote:Saute (I think I spelled that right) onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos (depending on your heat preference) in butter. When everything is cooked down add shrimp, dust with TexJoy Fajita seasoning, juice of one lime and continue until shrimp is cooked through about 3 min. Serve on warm tortillas with lettuce, some shredded red cabbage, tomato, guacamole, and cheese. I also cook redfish this way, just cube the fish it's great.
4x4kayak2112
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by 4x4kayak2112 »

Yo' will need:
* 20 medium prawns, peeled an' deveined
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon groun' cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (opshunal)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil * 4 co'n to'tillas
* oil fo' fryin'
* shredded lettooce
* diced tomatoes
* sliced avocado
* cilantro lime sour cream (recipe follers)

1. In a bowl whisk togither olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt an' cayenne pepper (if usin'). Add in shrimp an' tost t'coat completely. Covah an' refrigerate fo' 20 minutes t'give th' flavo's a chance t'marry up wif.

2. Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium heat until pink an' cooked through, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat an' covah t'keep warm, dawgone it.

3. Use inough oil t'lightly coat th' bottom of a small pan, about 2 tablespoons. Heat on over medium-high heat. Cook to'tillas one at a time until sof', about 30 seconds on etch side. Fold on over t'make a taco shell, ah reckon. As yo' cook etch to'tilla, place them on paper towels t'abso'b enny of th' oil lef' on over.

4. Spoon 5 shrimp into etch taco shell, ah reckon. Top wif lettooce, tomato, avocado an' cilantro-lime sour cream, dawgone it.

5. Serve.

came straight fum Bubbas cook book

http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2009/07/sh ... ecipe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seriously its pretty good stuff, made it for the guys in the Coast guard, they ate them up!!!
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

Ok, my wife loves these. I modify mine a bit. (Not a huge cabbage fan)

Ingredients:
6 inch flour or corn tortillas
Lard, as needed to fry the fish (Lard puts flavor in food)
lightly breaded fish (1 1/2 pounds total)
3 cups shredded cabbage, romaine, iceberg or baby wild greens
2 cups of flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups of Panko
Baja sauce

Condiments:
12 ounces Roasted Salsa and / or Pico de Gallo
12 ounces Guacamole
12 ounces Baja Sauce
12 lemon wedges
12 lime wedges

Baja Sauce Ingredients:
12 ounces mayonnaise
12 ounces sour cream
1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
6 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
3 avocados, pitted and pulp extracted
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Instructions:
In a food processor, blend cilantro and jalapenos, Add remaining ingredients and blend, Keep refrigerated until serving

Instructions:
Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in low oven
Cut fish into 1 ounce pieces
Using 3 separate pie pans (foil pans are fine), place two cups of flour in one pan, 2 beaten eggs in another and 2 cups of Panko in the third
Roll each piece of fish in the flour, Dip each piece of fish in the egg, Roll each piece of fish in the bread crumbs and place on a new piece of wax paper
Heat oil to hot (350 degrees F) in a large skillet or fry daddy and then fry fish in batches until golden brown (do not crowd fish in pan while frying)
Place fried fish in a pan and hold in 200 degree F oven to keep warm as you finish frying all the fish
Remove warm tortillas from oven
Spread 1/2 ounce (or to taste) Baja sauce on one side of tortillas
Place 2 pieces of fish in center of each tortilla and top with shredded cabbage or lettuce
Plate the fish tortillas and allow those who you are serving to add the condiments they prefer