Do you see the gulf warming up quicker this year?

Lilbradford

Do you see the gulf warming up quicker this year?

Post by Lilbradford »

Started realizing that we have been getting a stronger than normal south wind for this time of the year and obviously it has been warmer than most January's. Does anybody see the gulf warming up quicker this year? I'm ready to chunk some tops in the surf. Probably my favorite time of the year.
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sight casting flounder potlicking Mt Stringer and Osochuck

Re: Do you see the gulf warming up quicker this year?

Post by Big Kahuna »

I have had a similiar conversation with a coworker who happens to be a farmer. I know its still jan but with the high winds and warmer weather IMHO the pattern has been more spring then winter. And for that matter it really wasn't much of a winter for that.
sirensjohn

Post by sirensjohn »

Remember that earthquake in Japan a few years ago, it changed the axis of the Earth by 26 degrees. Could this possibly be changing the weather around the world? I think its a real good possibility.
rayb

Post by rayb »

I think February is usually the coldest month of the year, so before we claim anything , wait till the end of Feb.
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by saltykat »

We have a ways to go before we know like rayb said February is usually the coldest month. Only the last week or 10 days have been unseasonably warm before that the temps were actually cooler than normal. A couple weeks ago bay temps were in the upper 40's to low 50's. With a little luck winter will hang on into March
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

sirensjohn wrote:Remember that earthquake in Japan a few years ago, it changed the axis of the Earth by 26 degrees. Could this possibly be changing the weather around the world? I think its a real good possibility.
I think you degree change was .26 not 26. but that is what I am thinking.
thrasher

Post by thrasher »

sirensjohn wrote:Remember that earthquake in Japan a few years ago, it changed the axis of the Earth by 26 degrees. Could this possibly be changing the weather around the world? I think its a real good possibility.
The quake in Japan shifted the earth's axis ~6.5 inches. According to scientists, the axis shifts ~3.3 feet per year anyways, so this wasn't unusual or cause for alarm. The quake did cause the day to shorten by one millionth of a second, though, so we will all live longer. :lol: