I challenge Kayakers to turn in catch and release records.

Brazos Kayak

I challenge Kayakers to turn in catch and release records.

Post by Brazos Kayak »

There are hardly any catch and release records turned in for most rivers and lakes . This record category started by TPWD to encourage people not to damage fish .(Correction as someone pointed out) they have to meet the trophy requirements for that fish species . That length is located on TPWD site. All you need to do is Take some pictures next to measuring stick and take picture holding it and have a witness you released it. This category goes by length and file out the form and send it in . Like I said most Lakes and rivers have no catch and release submits. Happy hunting.
Last edited by Brazos Kayak on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lusca

Re: I challenge Kayakers to turn in catch and release records.

Post by Lusca »

It's been around for a while. You have to meet the minimum length for big fish awards and have a witness as well, Don. I have several water body records, a state record, & an elite angler award for fish I caught this summer. I like that we can be recognized and still release trophy fish. What have you submitted?
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

The catch and release is a category under lakes and rivers. Its at the bottom of the lakes or river list. A 4lb paluxy river LMB and 3lb LMB in Nolan river .These are small rivers that don't produce big bass .All these I just submitted this month and a 26 inch catch and release record channel cat for Brazos. But good job on all those records and rewards lusca , we could all learn alote from an experienced angler like u. But if your saying it has to be a trophy size to qualify for catch and release then my channel cay wont count. I guess I missed that part.
Last edited by Brazos Kayak on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

Lusca you got a state record that's awesome , what is it.
Lusca

Post by Lusca »

There's C&R records going back 6 years or more. But you're right, there are many lakes & rivers with few or no C&R records. They do have to meet the minimum lengths listed on page 2 of the form. Largemouth have to be at least 21" & channel cats have to be at least 30". I never was that interested before, but decided to submit several this summer and get an elite angler award. My state record is for a buffalo caught on fly tackle. I also have several water body records for the Brazos and Bosque. I'll have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the bass in the Nolan and Paluxy, there's some big ones in both :wink:
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

Thanks for the info and ill have to start over from scratch on the C&R entries . That is an awesome state record would love to catch some buffalo . Ive caught a few carp before there fun to reel in.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

You are forgetting Darrel for the gator gar and kim with several records.
Ron
skeeteroneal

Post by skeeteroneal »

One more note, you have to have a witness that views the catch and release. I've got the fortune to be with Luscas with a few of his record catches. Nevermind saw lusca mentioned the witness part. I was with him when he got he gator gar record. It was pretty sweet
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

:clap:
Last edited by Brazos Kayak on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

Were is a good place to put in on the bosque . Is the fishing any good above the little dam in Clifton . What type of fish you usually catch there.
Lusca

Post by Lusca »

Ron, I know Darrel's AG was bigger than mine, but he wasn't listed as having the record. I figured he just didn't submit the paperwork. I've caught bigger & so has my son, but I never bothered with records until this summer.

BK, the Bosque is REALLY low and even dry in places. So I haven't fished it much at all this year. I have access through private land that I lease for hunting.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

I need to ask him Lucas,
I was with him and signed the paper work ,maybe he didnt send it in.
I never posted this trip but we took a 200 lb plus a couple months ago.
I had the world record with a bow for a few years and that will probably be the last one I send in . Too many folks bugging me about where when .
Ron
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

It was 92" and I just never got around to sending the paperwork in. I saw an AG last summer that I believe will be the new world record. That is all I plan on concentrating on this summer. Like Ron, I just dont want the publicity. I have enough people ask me where I fish now. I have been burned a couple of times telling people where I fish.
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

Is this Brazos guy for real?
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by pdt818 »

LMAO! Suuuuuure buddy. Looks like we have us a bonafide internet hard
a$$ here hahaha!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Hello
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by pdt818 »

Tombo wrote:Hello
Haha!
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

:dance:
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

Hello
pontoonman

Post by pontoonman »

Brazos Kayak wrote:There are hardly any catch and release records turned in for most rivers and lakes . This record category started by TPWD to encourage people not to damage fish .(Correction as someone pointed out) they have to meet the trophy requirements for that fish species . That length is located on TPWD site. All you need to do is Take some pictures next to measuring stick and take picture holding it and have a witness you released it. This category goes by length and file out the form and send it in . Like I said most Lakes and rivers have no catch and release submits. Happy hunting.
If measuring sticks can be faked, there may be changes of records especially when there are very small differences. I've seen "liars" fishing rulers around, and it may not be that difficult to rig something like that.

Pon
Claggart

Post by Claggart »

Fishing is my alone time thus if I ever get pulled around Lake Fork in my yak by the new world record bass only she and me will know about it. Keep your lines tight boys, take a quick picture and let that big girl go to dance with on another day! Big Bass are much more exciting than dead Bass.