Twin Buttes

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Twin Buttes

Post by Aggroman »

Anybody been out there lately? Thinking of heading out there next week and curious of any good put ins. Thx
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Twin Buttes

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:Anybody been out there lately? Thinking of heading out there next week and curious of any good put ins. Thx

I'd put in where the water comes up to the land. It's easier to paddle.

And, the water doesn't much come up to the land since there isn't much water left out there.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Barnacle Bill wrote:
Aggroman wrote:Anybody been out there lately? Thinking of heading out there next week and curious of any good put ins. Thx

I'd put in where the water comes up to the land. It's easier to paddle.

And, the water doesn't much come up to the land since there isn't much water left out there.
Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for. YOU DA MAN BILL!!! :clap:
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

The south pool is slowly filling back up. Not sure whats left as far as fish there was only a few spots with over three foot of water and they were not very big. Put in would be box bay or over by the old pump station. There is not much left of the north pool. Its so low now that you can not go from one side to the other the west side is mostly mud with a few spots of deeper water. the east side might be your best bet put in spots would be by the dam and on the point were spring creek runs in at or out in the midle some place.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks for the info! Although Bill's info was a little more helpful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went out to Gardners Dam on Sat and checked it out. It was pretty sad, but the river is flowing hard around it. Very clear water, but only a few inches to a foot deep, maybe 8 feet wide. I've seen it running over the dam, 5 feet over the dam, and everything in between. But this is the first time i've seen it dry. It was hard to look at. :cry: BUT....upstream looked very promising.
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

Should have seen it in Sep. only a 1/4 of box bay held water and a small pool over by the old pump house. And the river was only a six inch trickle at best
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Well, we need water to fill the lakes back up. Rain, snow, hail, Aggroman's tears, any kind of water would help with the water levels of the lake because the lake levels of water are so low. :shock:
grevengrevs

Post by grevengrevs »

Yall are crazy to be out on the water right now. Its friggin cold!
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

grevengrevs wrote:Yall are crazy to be out on the water right now. Its friggin cold!

Well, that's just how we roll. If there ain't a little ice on the water and a few snow flurries blowing around, then it ain't proper fishing weather! We wear shorts and go shirtless year round so whether it is 9 degrees or 90 degrees, we're out there paddling around and catching bucket mouth bass..