Son's first bass

GCARR

Son's first bass

Post by GCARR »

Well it was a nice morning, so I woke my boy up for some fishing. We headed to a local city pond about 22 acres. Usually we take the kayak but since I'm on call we just banked fished. I rigged him up a wacky worm with a drop shot weight and 12 inches up the line. Three casts after I put a roboworm bold bluegill worm on and showing him how to move his rod tip, he hooked up his first bass.
I turned my back for a second to cast and all I hear is dad I'm stuck. Which first thought is like father like son, then I see the bass jump and he started realing like one of those guys on Wicked Tuna.
After the fish was landed you would have thought he just beat Randy Howell out of the Bassmaster Classic. He was the happiest boy in the world.
Attachments
image.jpg
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Son's first bass

Post by Bigrock »

OH YEAH!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

That is AWESOME!!!! :clap: :clap: Give that boy a high five for me! Good job Dad. :clap:
morgangler

Post by morgangler »

Congratulations to both of you!! I'm guessing the smile on your face and the swell of pride in your chest was every bit as big as your son's.
GCARR

Post by GCARR »

morgangler wrote:Congratulations to both of you!! I'm guessing the smile on your face and the swell of pride in your chest was every bit as big as your son's.
You bet it was, what makes it even better is that there is a regular on the lake that tells me I can't teach a 5 year old to bass fish. We'll that was 5 days before his fifth birthday.
Now he wants a kayak and lots of lures like daddy. Needless to say I skunked out that day.

There is a group of us around Hobbs trying to get the city to restock the lake with bass, hasn't been stocked in 13 years, and that was more of a relocation program from when they drained a power plant pond.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Congrats!! That is pure awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!